Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P m16a1 spring recomendation

Thanks for taking the time to look at this for me
    Been tinkering with this for yonks now but recently been doing a few upgrades to improve range and accuarcy etc......

Mad bull hop unit
    Mad bull barrel
    Guarder bucking and nub
    Ive tried a gaurder sp90 fps was around 290-310
    Just tried a systema m100 fps was around 365-370

Im looking for a figure of 350fps With the hop full off and i really dont fancy clipping the spring

So what you thinking guys ? tel me a spring please

cheers
    lee

http://www.ukaircav.com

Re: G&P m16a1 spring recomendation

shs m90 is what i would use, as it seems like your airseal is very good hence the high fps on an m100. M100 should be 328fps but other factors increase this such as tightbores and a wicked airseal. Also systema is one spring id steer clear of, they have tendencies to snap. In all honesty though id take 1 coil off your m100 and heat the chopped end till it glows red then close it off, should give you the desired effect of 350 or there abouts.....shame its a systema lol
    sigpic

Comment

Cheers joe
      Il look into the shs90 now see what my good friend google says

Comment

also gaurder used to make good springs, seems like people have been having issues of late, with that combo of parts your using you should be around 335 to 350 with the sp90? Panoptes had issues with guarder too i think. Hence why i mentioned shs
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah Im tempted to quickly strip it down and clip and heat it up bend it etc what end would you say cut ?

Comment

Cut the end which has the coils spread further apart. Heat it over the cooker so your heating just one coil, then when its red hot, push it down (red hot end first) on something hard and preferably non flamable until it shuts up and looks as if youve just removed it from the packet. I then check for any sharp edges on the cut end and dremmel them smooth. Just head out to replicate the look of it when new, but with one less coil.
            sigpic

Comment

Sound sounds piss easy here i come m16 ready or not !

Comment

Go for it bud, reprt back fps reading after a couple hundred rounds have been put through it.
                sigpic

Comment

An M100 spring will give you 340fps, an m90 will give you 327fps but these are King arms springs.

Systema main springs are significantly stronger with a systema m100 producing on average 365fps

Guarder sp100 springs will give you 387fps but the sp90 will give you 339fps (that's what i would go for).

Comment

Speaking out your arse. M100 = 100 meters per second also equalling 328 fps get your facts right before acting a bellend and disliking somebodies post that was more factual than your own.

Marve tried an sp90, it gave lower than 328, now this is probably because guarders used to be rated using .25g bbs, but are now rated with .20g bbs and now give out the correct reading. IE m100= 328fps
                    sigpic

Comment

Bullshite, you need to check your spring ratings mate before you start gving advice out, since different manufacturers use different spring systems from linear, non linear and irregular pitch, have a search for AEG spring comparison guide then come back and say sorry dickweed!

Comment

Can't link to the chart because it's on another community but I'm sure you'll find it, OP have a search yourself for the same thing that will give you your answer.

Comment

the good old spring fight :P it all depends on make no 2 springs are the same.

my testing last year on a gov tested Skan prol,series 3 diamond chrono ( firearms chrono ) using a standard ares g36c ( airseal sorted and using a standard full cyclinder )

all springs are new when tested
                          Ka m90 = 302ave
                          asg m90 = 370ave
                          hurricane = 308 ave
                          shs m90 = 333 ave ( was the old type , been told there closer to 300 now )
                          guarder sp90 = 310ave ( fitted a new G sp90 2 weeks ago to a new ka m4 new result on same chrono was 330 )

Ka m100 = 344ave
                          asg m100 = 384ave
                          hurricane m100 = 349ave
                          shs m100 = 360ave
                          guarder sp100 = 355ave

now its all very well giving you these results But if they go in a gun with a longer barrel you will see fps go up again ( done using a new spector with the cqb upper and a standard m4a1 upper , with the cqb front set using a KA m100gun is a safe 340 fps when fitted with the m4a1 upper it was shooting 360 fps )
                          Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Even if i found i was wrong i wouldnt say sorry to ya...march on
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks john, my main statement was m100 is meant to be equal to 328fps but setups vary from gun to gun. If i as wrong then fair enough but dislikes piss me off when all you have to do is quote and explain. Instead of trying to make me look like a prick. Also some manufacturers like guarder used to rate their springs using .25g bbs as a guideline weight. Another reason why fps to meters is out when we use our .2s to chrono.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

marve114 Get to know me, You might just like me ! Find out more about marve114
                              Working...
                              X