Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRC 416 gearbox woes!Help!

Hi there!,
    So I have an SRC 416 D10, which has until now run fine. 2 weeks ago it suddenly stopped firing, so, i opened her up and found a catalog of disasters! A broken tooth on the sector gear, heavy shredding of my piston, plastic parts of the switch broken off and the metal retaining pillar for the switch bridge snapped off! I believe all the other damage was as a result of this fail, as the broken off bit rattled around inside causing widespread damage! So I order new gearset- initially an Element one but the pivot pins are a larger size so...SHS gearset, new 8mm bearings, a new 110 madbull sping (thought I might as well whilst i was repalcing everything else!) an ASG ultimate v2 switch and finally a replacement SRC gearbox shell!
    Now this sounds like the long way around of replacing a shot gearbox but I actually bought these a bit at a time as I discovered each component was required, hey-ho! After getting it all back together, shimmed, greased AofE set etc my gun will fire....but HERE's the problem...THE GUN WILL FIRE< but sometimes part cycles, almost in 2 or three presses of the trigger to get the piston all the way back before firing, same but less so on semi auto. Sometimes it fires first time on semi, sometimes not. What's going on...HELP!!!!!!! Gearbox is a v2 gen 3, battery is a 9.6 nunchuck.
    ~Shad

Re: SRC 416 gearbox woes!Help!

m110 spring might have something to do with it :P from your post it looks to be the motor has not got the guts to pull the spring back ( why a m110 ? thats an ave 380-400fps )

what make of piston did you use and did you make sure it would move free in the shell before you built it up ? had loads of pistons be too wide for the shells and they needed a little work
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

SRC motors are super high torque they wont struggle pulling back a m110 considering they are supplied with a M110 (by SRC) out of the box just encase

My SRC 416 has gone through thousands of rounds i haven't had a hitch with the gearbox at all, did you buy it new or second hand?
      Hate.
      "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Hi there, right thanks for the relpies! Johnnyj- I have replaced my original spring and it does the same! part cycling, like its not always getting enough juice to pull back in one go, though with the motor free of the gb it spins up fine. gijohn- The gun was brand new about 12 months ago, it has been a bit tempermental since i first got it, my usual site techs have had it to resolve a gb jam and replace the ar latch, so they opened it up last. It played great on my last skirmish in Jan, but then just all failed at once! I'm inclined to give it back to the techies to fix, but I'm usually very capable of these sorts of things and now it's peeing me awf!!!
        My only 416 grumble is its soooo heavy!!!

Comment

sounds like something to do with the cut off lever or selector switch

Check your shim job is correct on the sector gear and that the cut off lever is being engaged correctly.

If that`s all good then check for wiring and electrical faults seams like a good place to start.

Also check the AR latch is still ok and try putting the gearbox together with everything bar the spring and pistol and working the gears with your finger by hand and checking everything is running smoothly

The you could rig a multi meter up to it and see if the curcit is being cut sooner then it should be for some reason.
          sigpic
          Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Hi Kon! Me and Windy gonna strip it right down and reshim it tomorrow, see if it's overtight! I'll let you know the outcome! U need an upper receiver? get it direct fom SRC?? They ship all parts!

Comment

I don`t need an src one just any old random metal one will do I have a metal lower and need to jam a metal top on it it`s a friends gun pretty soon I`ll just file the metal bottom so it will take the plastic top lol

Good luck with it
              sigpic
              Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stormshaddow Find out more about Stormshaddow
              Working...
              X