Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun firing problem. Motor?

Hey guys,
    Very, very annoyed by this, however going to post my controversy and see if anyone can aid my in solving it, as may just be a simple fix.
    Basically, after 2 years of waiting, I received my A&K Masada last week. Cut a long story short, found it was wired to deans and then custom ordered a adapter lead from the ********* **** to hook it up to a small type battery. Excited to fire my beloved old gun, which has never been fired since I've had it, pulled the trigger... and nothing, except a 'clunk' in the handgrip where the motor is. Pull the trigger again, and nothing, not even another clunk. Take the battery of and put it back on, and hear another clunk sound, fire again and nothing. This gun has quite a few upgrades however i'll post only the relevant ones: element high speed motor, high speed gears made to fit and aws stealth fet which replaces the trigger unit, all fitted by Richard's aquittance Paul, however on going emailing him further on what might be wrong. The motor doesn't even spin, nor fire anything at all. Discharged the only battery I have last night, and charged it up fully this morning with a high quality auto-cut off, light showing when charged charger so that's all good however, any input on this would be greatly appreciated. Put the battery in my M4 and worked fine so don't so why it won't work on this? Is it something with the contacts, or the motor height or something budged out of place during posting. I believe it was firing all good before sending of and would love to get it firing again
    Cheers guys!
    Last edited by Queboo12; 12 February, 2012, 11:27.

Re: Gun firing problem. Motor?

make sure the deans is wired correct , some people wire them the other way around
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

i had a similar problem with one of my old guns a while ago, a small battery just would not pull the spring and just made a small noise from the motor but the battery would work fine on my mates guns, i switched to larger battery and a 9.6v (up from an 8.4) and that solved my issue, maybe a similar thing?

i would get a larger battery first to test it, borrowing one would be easier.

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

I'd go with JohnnyJ, sounds like your adaptor is wired the wrong way!

Comment

Originally posted by Crude Skinny B View Post
          i had a similar problem with one of my old guns a while ago, a small battery just would not pull the spring and just made a small noise from the motor but the battery would work fine on my mates guns, i switched to larger battery and a 9.6v (up from an 8.4) and that solved my issue, maybe a similar thing?

i would get a larger battery first to test it, borrowing one would be easier.
          If a small battery won't pull a uk legal spring, you've definately got other issues there.
          Buy my stuff!

Comment

Id tell paul to finish what he started.....and do it properly so it works, you call that a service?

Edit- ill try to be helpful. Take motor out of the pistol grip and spin it up. Also check johns suggestion about the deans. Sounds like you maybe running it backwards. Or the gearbox is locked up with something.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phatvortex View Post
              If a small battery won't pull a uk legal spring, you've definately got other issues there.
              as i said it was old, and plus is was 400fps+ stock, and no i didn't play at sites with it

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

On more than one occasion I have seen those adapter leads wired round the wrong way new from shops. Try and test with a battery that has deans connectors these are far better anyway than those horrible tamiya.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Comment

Id work with paul to sort it out. The guns are tested with 4 - 5 mags before sending out there cant be too much wrong. If the connector was wired incorrectly it would shut off the gun and youd get no operation at all and if you continued to pull the trigger eventually the fet would fry so lets hope its not the converter cable. Communication is key if you dont like something talk to us about it, dont feel like you have no recourse hes trying to help you out via email and phone, youll need to reply to him for that to happen though.

Single clunk form the motor area is traditionally reverse polarity on the motor though and or not enough power to turn it over, or if its a more substantial clunk gearbox lock up. I would defo try another battery if you have one, youll have to answer pauls questions before the gun can be collected again.

Comment

remember ********* **** do the adapters you bought from deans to tamiya for RC cars as well and they are the opposite way wired to to airsoft ones, i know first hand as i ordered without checking. so if the battery's working without the adapter on your M4 then it could be that.
                    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Thanks so much for all the advice so far, much appreciated. Below I have some pics of my adapter lead, and everything looks like it is correctly in the right sockets:

Before I ordered the guy making it, asked me whether I need it for airsoft or RC Cars, said Airsoft, so hope he did it right
                      After that, the general soloution seems to be use a larger battery (which I, in turn, originally thought of before posting this), so good suggestion and will now go on to buy a new battery. Cheers

- Richard: I have been in talks with Paul, but surely publiscising the question gives better chance of a solution. Aswell as replying to every email of his, along with even more detail and questions in return, I believe here may of given me better chances of success in less time to my question, however I will go on with all the suggestions stated. :D
                      Thanks again guys, much appreciated,
                      Regards

Comment

I may be wrong, but I think the polarity is reversed on that adapter.
                        sigpic

Comment

can you do a photo of the deans gun end too. ideally you shpild be tracing a psth from the red gun connector to the red battery cable, ( and the sme with the black) I you can do this its not the wiring crossed over

Comment

the connecter is easy to find out if all the red wires match up and there are no cross overs its fine , that connector looks fine to me
                            Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Deans on the gun:

Close up:

Adapter attached:

Battery + Adapter attached:

Pic of battery (which must be the problem as it is quite a crap battery to be fair - 1100mah AGM battery lol) - however just bought a 8.4V 1600mAh Vapex battery as that's max I can fix in the handguard :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Queboo12 Magpul User and Abuser Find out more about Queboo12
                              Working...
                              X