Problems with a G&G M4 type selector switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with a G&G M4 type selector switch

Whilst reassembling my V2 Gearbox into a G&G GR16 (M4) body, with newly fitted 8mm ball race bearing bushings, I have discovered a somewhat quirky problem. For some reason the selector switch, instead of safe, single, full auto, has now set it self up as single, safe and single
    I've taken the gearbox apart a couple of times and checked that everything is in the right place, and that the gun can still do full auto as to make sure it wasn't an electrical or internal fault, but I am now somewhat stumped as to what is preventing normal operation of the fire selector. One theory is that it could be the now somewhat more pronounced and raised bearings might be conflicting with the fire selector switch builtinto the body of the lower receiver, but I'm not sure. Any one ever had this kind of problem or have any ideas?

I'm thinking to just take out the bearings and swap the old ones back in which is a bit of shame after the effort and cost of sorting them out for the gun :s

Its kinda funny in one respect though as I always wandered what it would be liek just to have the M4 run on single shot for a game day, looks likethe upcoming saturday I'll find out!

Any suggestions guys and gals?

Re: Problems with a G&G M4 type selector switch

You can get selector plates designed for 8mm bearings, but I'd imagine the plate on yours would be correct if you just went from bushings to bearings. If the new bearings do stick out then it can cause a problem.

Comment

Yeah the old bearings sat flush with the gearbox nd had no problems with the fire selector, but these bearing ones jut out slightly, the more and more I search the net the more likely the problem appears to be the seating of the bushings, and maybe a little sand papering to the underside of the plate to allow for a free unhindered movement.

Still the more info the better, don't fancy screwing this up lol

Comment

Sit the gearbox in the lower receiver, put the two pins through and see how the selector plate moves with the switch

Comment

Right I found out what the problem was! Basically the inside of the shell of the lower reciever has a camm attached to the fire selector arm on the outside. This cam is what enages with the hole in the selector plate, and it had come loose due to being bashed by the new protruding bushings, so all I had to do was unscrew it (the opposite of the shell has a small tab you should be able to push out so you can get to the screw) clean it and then when I reassembled it put a small amount of super glue on the rod connecting the two together to firmly afix it in place so that it doesn't get knocked about by the bushings.

Problem solved! Hope it helps others if any has a similar problem to this, I'll get some pics up enall if anyone needs images.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SgtSerious Avid Airsofter, Warhammer hobbyist and baker of tasty treats. Started casually airsofting many moons ago, and I've played across the UK and the USA. Love GZ, love the community, and love the mechanics behind it all. Find out more about SgtSerious
          Working...
          X