ICS M4 fire selector Full Auto on Semi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS M4 fire selector Full Auto on Semi

Forgive me if this has been done to death, but the search on tapatalk assured me no posts like this have been made before (?)

Basically I have an ICS M4 I've turned into a DMR, and my local site states they must be locked to semi auto.

I can mechanically set this but since the internal selector plate is a bit dodgy it fires full auto on the semi-auto position.

Is anyone able to advise on fixing this? I think it's inside the lower GB but I've not taken it apart before.

Cheers,
    Tom
    sigpic

Re: ICS M4 fire selector Full Auto on Semi

could be a few things mate,

if it only fires full auto, then the trigger block maybe faulty on the contacts,
    the selector plate could be broken,
    the contacts themselves are dirty or greasy,
    or the cut off lever is faulty also

Comment

Well the rifle still fires on semi-auto, I just need to move the selector so it's about 45degrees between safe & semi. It makes me think the selector plate or switch has moved so that full-auto is engaging too early?

I'm not too familiar with trigger assemblies for AEGs though, so I'm not 100% what Id be looking at if I performed a takedown.
      sigpic

Comment

i would like to jump in on this thread to my g&p sentry has started doing this too... semi is located when the fire selecter is 45 degrees between safe and semi any further round and its full auto. i dont think its trigger block or contacts as ive got a stealth fet in it.

Comment

This problem usually occurs because the safety is out of alignment with the circular plate that engages the selector plate. Take out the gearbox and check that the circular plate is in line with the selector on the inside of the lower receiver.
          AEG video reviews (see 'my topics'):
          G&G L85A2, Carbine & AFV, MP5 Blowback, G2010/F2000, M4 (GR16 & GR15 Raider), FNC, UMG & more...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Capitano_Tomtom I like to shoot my friends. Find out more about Capitano_Tomtom
          Working...
          X