Collapse

Motor question - How warm is too warm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor question - How warm is too warm?

I picked up a 2nd hand VFC SCAR-L Yesterday and it's a bit of a ROF monster After a while the pistol grip gets quite warm and i'm worried that I might be pushing it too far with the full auto. Is the motor height not right Or am I just being over cautious :P

Thanks
    TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
    TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Re: Motor question - How warm is too warm?

It shouldnt do any damage to the motor, until things start to melt, id lay of a little bit imo.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

should be ok mate, mine gets fairly warm with speedy rof. As long as it sounds ok you should be fine, grinding or screeching then change your motor height.
      sigpic

Comment

^ My G36C that has an SHS High torque in it gets warm when trashing it for long periods of time. Just don't do extended bursts too often and ensure you have a good battery to power it.

If its getting very hot after short bursts its possibly;
        Motor Height
        Too much load on the gearbox
        Failing motor
        Not enough juice to supply it from your current battery
        Spinning too fast (high speed gears and high speed motor on a soft spring) can also cause it to heat up quicker than expected.

Comment

Youd know if it wasnt aligned right, it will either do nothing or sound like a cat with its nuts in a clamp!
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

hot electrics for me usually indicates insufficiant amperage from the battery
            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I found on my ca g36 the grip would get sodding hot. Turned out the bushes were worn causin poor contact and increased rssistance ( i.e. acting as a heating element) . Ditched the motor and put in an element clone of the magnum.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

-Archer- Proud member of 'Black Arrow' If you'd like to contact me with more ease than PM's, Email me at [email protected] :) Find out more about -Archer-
              Working...
              X