Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOSFET trouble...

hey guys, ive broke another gun.

I have a g+p magpul sentry with rear wired mosfet set to 3 rnd burst. now.
    I bought it like this and have no idea how a mosfet works but i have used it for about 7 games and its dream like. BUT i have about 3km of wiring and a lipo to try and fit in a standard tube stock and some where along the line i think i have damaged either the wiring or the chip of teh mosfet as my gun only fires at certain times, well it did and now it doesnt fire at all.

as said i havnt a scoobys how mosfets work and i dont wana go in there and break it more.

Any advice on a company that does repairs of this sort or any other advice?

Thanks in advance.

Jockjay
    Foxtrot Oscar

Re: MOSFET trouble...

do you know any local tech's that could help?

Comment

if he had local techs why would he bother posting the question on here....
      you should be able to tell just by looking if you have damaged the wires without to much trouble.
      chances are if you cant see any problems with any of the wiring your mosfet may have died in which case depending on what mosfet it is you may want to remove it and see how you get on. i would check all the wiring from the battery all the way to the trigger contacts first though.

Comment

yeah im not sure i wana go in there i have dick fingers. if i snip it at the mosfet then re attach the battery connectory without the mosfet chip would that work??
        Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

No mate, the signals will no longer be sent to the trigger. Mosfet are designed to take most of the brunt of the power away from the trigger contacts, they run through signal wires so it will have to be rewired without the fet if you wanted it like that.
          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jockjay Find out more about jockjay
          Working...
          X