ICS L86 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS L86 Issues

Hey guys, New here and hope you can help me, General jist of the topic: ICS L86, Re-wired. Doesn't work and blows batteries out.

Story until now...
    My mate owns a L86, he bought it second hand, After taking the TMH (Or receiver as airsofters call it >.>) to change the spring from 240fps to something with a little more... kick... we got it up to 340FPS with .2g's anyway, It seems whilst putting it back together we caught a wire that connects to the motor with the rear TMH pin, which meant it stopped working, I clipped the wire, soldered it and all was good.

During a skirmish it stopped working, few days later I stripped it down again and found another wire that was damaged, proceeded to solder it when I accidently snapped a connector off of the motor. Whoops. I got rid of the fragile motor connectors and replaced them with screw on connectors (replacing the ends of the wires to match) All okay so far however the gun refused to fire. I decided to pop to makro and re-wire it completely. New connectors everywhere etc etc. The motor worked fine, mounted on gearbox. Worked fine.

First game of the day using the gun it worked fine for the first half after that the motor started too... Die? Sounding like the batteries where flat, So we whacked a new one in and that died too... Very strange. So for the rest of the day he used a hire gun (ouch )

Latest Issue (now):
    Stripped it down today and well... It's odd, Where the switch contacts are on the "Upper receiver" (not trigger) it looks like the plastic box has melted slightly so I took that apart, cleaned the contacts re-assembled, took the motor out checked it over, all fine. Put it back together whacked in a FULLY charged 7.4v li-po, Worked fine... Bang. Bang. Bang... Multi-metered the battery... 7.4V... All good! Switched to fully auto and BANGAGNGNGNGNGNGNGNGgngng ng ng.. ng... bang.... bang....... bang..... It started to die after 5-10 seconds again... WTF.

Took the battery out and whacked it in my KWA M4... and it sounded... Dead... One shot every second... Multimetered the battery and it was reading 6.5V.

So. The question is. What is making the L86 drain a 7.4V 1450mAh Li-po in 5-10 seconds...?

Re: ICS L86 Issues

LOTS of ics guns ive seen are doing this recently along with my l85 and my mates galil the only way ive found to make it work is useing an 11.1 lipo 7.4's just dont seem to work for some reason

Comment

Would the L86 standard gearbox be able to take 11.1V all day? I'm not really too keen on the idea of buying an 11.1v for it either to kill the li-po, Kill the gearbox/motor or just not work at all

Comment

My ni-mh battery finally arrived and well, it seems to be working fine now... Still confused why my li-po doesn't work...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nicholas-c Hey, I'm Nicholas, 20 and live in Stone, Staffordshire, UK. I am your average nerd, Knowledgeable in web programming and design, games fan and massive photography geek. Currently working at Wetherspoon's in Stafford behind the bar and on the floor as my main job. On a Monday and Thursday evenings I'm involved in the Army Cadet Force as an adult instructor (Currently still a civilian so I don't have a rank yet.)Be sure to check out my DeviantART profile! - http://nicholas-c.deviantart.comAnd/or my Tumblr! - http://nicholas-c.tumblr.com/Camera kit wish list (Little Canon heavy me thinks?):Canon 7DCanon 85mm f/1.2L MKIICanon 70-200mm f/2.8LCanon 14mm f/2.8LCanon 16-35mm f/2.8L IICanon 24-70mm F2.8LCanon 2x (or 4x) extender tube Find out more about Nicholas-c
        Working...
        X