silent aeg - systema silent piston set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silent aeg - systema silent piston set

I'm working on making a fairly quiet aeg and i was wondering if anyone knew the best type of silent piston. Has anyone got any experience of systema silent piston head sets?

Cheers

Re: silent aeg - systema silent piston set

they are ok, I used to have the same setup in my m15a1, now I run an ultimate cylinder head with a lee engineering (think its called) vsr style, air brake piston head, the difference is VERY clear! VERY quiet, that and an aac silencer, sneaky beaky!

Comment

To be honest, do not waste your money, they reduce fps consistency in shots and dont really do that much, bes thing to do would be to put some sorbo pads on the cylinder head, if you want theres a guide on making your AEG silent so just say and ill pm it to you

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, i have read alot on from google but no one really comes to a proper conclusion on the systema. I dont think i'll bother with it now. I'd appreciate that sorbo pad guide cheers. Madwelshman where did you buy that airbrake from??

Comment

Recently just got a hold of a G&P 8mm gearbox, all standard inside and it is the quietest AEG I have ever had, just have it shimmed nicely and its so quiet its lovely

I have had several silent piston heads in the past and all were louder than my current setup, I think that my G&P 8mm gearbox might just be quieter than a helical gear setup too.. just though.

Comment

it was sent to us to trial, the guy is a cnc machinist in the midlands, he also does mag lips ect, i'll dig out his contact details for you tomorrow

Really nice kit, the £20 option comes with aoe shims to easily adjust your aoe accurately

Comment

Originally posted by badas View Post
              Recently just got a hold of a G&P 8mm gearbox, all standard inside and it is the quietest AEG I have ever had, just have it shimmed nicely and its so quiet its lovely

I have had several silent piston heads in the past and all were louder than my current setup, I think that my G&P 8mm gearbox might just be quieter than a helical gear setup too.. just though.
              agreed... thats what i'm pimping at the moment, the airbrake just slightly rubbed in the cylinder nozzle, so I had to change it for the ultimate one, otherwise it would have stayed!

Comment

which way does the air break mount on, screw via the front or back?

i can only use rear mounted screws, due to my tremors kit

Comment

Sorry madwelshman i've found the site where to buy them. Badas went down the tokyo mauri route and spent 90 on a tm1000 motor + all tm gears in my ics ak74, will have it running at the weekend so will update everyone as to whether it was actually worth it. I've had to hand build a 24mm silencer adaptor for the ak74 too. that was annoying! lol

Comment

Good luck, for anyone reading, i too replaced the metal air nozzle for a plastic ultimate one, was a littel concerned of it hitting my hop unit so hard and also felt the metal one wasn't giving me such a good air seal.

I have had an M4 tokyo marui one and found them awful due to plastic bushings, anythign you do to a TM gearbox will require a compelte internal touch up usually.

Comment

ah, the high end cheapsoft! not a fan either... over priced, under powered, sloppy feel to them after a few uses, not a fan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stn i play airsoft in woodland Find out more about Stn
                      Working...
                      X