Rattle in my G&P receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattle in my G&P receiver

Hey guys, just picked up a G&P Magpul / VLTOR Sentry off here, the gun is perfect but there is some movement in the upper receiver because theres only one pin that holds it in place...

Does anyone have any suggestions to stop this?

Thanks guys

Chris

Re: Rattle in my G&P receiver

Buy another pin?

Comment

No mate the receiver has a second pin, but in the upper receiver doesnt have the two slots that normally fit into where second pin slides through the lower and the gearbox

Comment

How is it held in place? If it's by 2 flaps in the rear, pointing towards the stock then just shim it with tape or something like that. Else, if it's just held in by the gearbox, then find a way to lessen the play again. Maybe add some form of padding around the cylinder area? Pad the gap between the upper and lower receivers? It'll be a bit of a common sense fix, so, yeah have a think

Comment

I think I know what you mean now. Would a long zip-tie work? Ugly but functional?

Comment

It doesnt have the two flaps and iv added some sticky foam already but i didnt want it to heat up or damage the gun in any way near the gearbox, just wondered if anyone had any other suggestions

Comment

I suppose that would work, but yea, not most pleasing, but would certainly do the job lol :/

Comment

The heat is only really generated by the motor. Everything else is fine to be padded.

Comment

Just had to make sure but this works a treat , my G&P cqbr had body wobble but my other gun was fitted with a G&P split body pin ( RA tech make 1 called the magic pin) , just swapped them over and the CQBR has no wobble at all now
                  Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

you need the 3 part front pin, tightens together via an allen key through the middle, which whilst pulling either end together, pushes the centre piece up, pulling the body together.

G&P ones sometimes come with them, sometimes not, RA pins do not fit, too thick..I had to check for a customer 3 days ago, though this was labelled for a systema... so if you do go for the £10 RA pin, make sure you buy the aeg sized one!

Comment

mines a g&p m16a2 pin after looking about asia but its missing the middle part but still works a treat ! only found 1 uk shop selling it for £10
                      Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Jonny thats great mate, thanks thats exactly what i need, cheers dude

Comment

My RA-Tech Magin Pin arrived today :D will take some pics and give it a good test tomorrow and let you know how it is!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kingbob734 Find out more about kingbob734
                          Working...
                          X