MK23 leaky mag fix help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK23 leaky mag fix help?

Hi, I have a leaky MK23 mag. Does anyone know how to fix it without spending any money?
    Thanks,
    Jak

Re: MK23 leaky mag fix help?

could you tell us where its leaking from ?
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

You know the bit where you feed the bb's in? its the opposite side of that. if you push it in gas is released. I cant really describe it any other way. sorry :/

Comment

The outlet valve. Release the gas first, remove valve - see what it looks like.

Look for damage to the rubber seals, give it some silicone oil. See if that works.

You can soak the valves seals (not the whole thing!) in brake fluid over night. Or you can simply get a new outlet valve.

Nothing in this world is free though, lol.

Comment

Thank you ^_^
          a noob-ish question, how do i dismantle the mag?
          Thanks again

Comment

Vent the gas first! It should have a couple notches on the valve that is leaking, a broad flat headed screw driver will unscrew that off.

Comment

ok brilliant! well it vents itself to be honest haha. i can only get 3 shots max before it is almost fully emptied itself. many thanks again

Comment

I have just repaired leaking mk23 mag :D. It might be stupid, but mk23's mags have safety valve through gas goes out.. And it is in 99% cause of gas leaking...

1.Remove all pins. Just press all out. ( 1 at outlet valve, 3 at inlet valves ) it should be enough easy to remove 3 of 4.
                To remove the last one ( which doest goes through case of mag ), spray a wee bit of WD 40 or any lubricant, turn mag and start punching against direction of the last pin. Use for it some soft hammer or screwdriver.

2.When the pin goes out enough to catch it, remove it using pliers Remove bottom part of mag.

3.Remove safety valve which is inside bottom part ( small hole with some piston and small spring.You will find when get inside ), fill up with silicon and leave it till the silicon gets hard and dry.

4.Put some silicon on all parts where you can suspect gas leaking. Assemble all parts ( bottom part and mag case ) when silicon still wet, put in 3 pins ( don't insert the last pin means the smallest! ), leave it till silicon gets dry and hard. Use silicon to fill up hole after the last pin.

5. Remove all silicon from external parts especially when the silicon is still wet. Looks much more better.

6. Charge mag and put in the glass of water - if you will not see any bubbles, it means that job is done

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Joker Jack Beware of Sergeant Slipper... Find out more about Joker Jack
                Working...
                X