ksc system 7 USP.45 parts hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ksc system 7 USP.45 parts hunt

ok so for some reason one of the tiny springs inside my USP .45 decided to get chewed up and jam the slide...
    not sure on the technical name for the part but i have shown the diagram here..

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/article.php?id=35

in the first pic part 252 is what they attach to and so im guessing in the 2nd pic im guessing its part 25 that is the actual springs.

any ideas on sourcing a replacement or alternative?

i have tried emailing several airsoft stored but no joy..

Re: ksc system 7 USP.45 parts hunt

do you have any dimensions on the original part?

in use, does the spring hold 2 things together or push them apart?

my main source for small springs to replace those lost from gbb's is cheap lighters of the spark/flint type. they always have the flint held in place by a long narrow spring. these springs vary in size from different lighters so if one is too wide, try to find a narrower type etc.

also pens with a click in and out action have springs in, usually a little wider though..

and if all else fails you could always contact ksc direct. i've not done it myself but have heard of others sourcing parts this way.

gl

Comment

it holds 2 pieces together,
      its absolutely tiny, possibly 20mm long and less than 2mm diameter, when fitted it is already stretched over 2 pins so under tension.
      i did pull a few click pens and stuff apart but all to big, it sits directly under the slide and if too wide it just jams the slide up so
      has to be very narrow..

Comment

ive just taken the flint spring out of a cheap flint/strike lighter (6 for a £1) and it measures approx 17.5 x 2.2 mm

however its a compresion spring in use not a tension type, so even if it did fit i suspect it would not work..

Comment

check all of the well known retailers for MAG replacement springs for KSC USP series - has 2x part no 25 in it. A brief check confirmed at least one place has it in stock.
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

cheers dave38
            any chance you might care to share which place had it in stock??

Comment

or you can try KWA as KSC and KWA are the same, try their US customer service. easy to sort out.
              sigpicSRC Custom for sale - element gear set and bearing piston head, SHS steel tooth piston, Lonex tappet and steel bearing spring guide, Madbull Hop rubber 6.03 TBB

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

unusual_suspect Find out more about unusual_suspect
              Working...
              X