Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJW KC-02 10/22 Instabillity/Hop Issues

Hey,

I've been using my 10/22 though i've noticed that the rounds are veering right making it useless as a DMR/Sniper Rilfe platform.

Can't quite work out what the issue is though.

It currently has the RA-Tech 6.01mm inner barrel and the Falcon hop rubber.

I thought it was the actual 'hop arm' as it moved a little so I replaced it with a more solid screw which has solved the problem to a degree though it is still inconsistant (as in bb flight)

Anyone know how to improve consistancy/accuracy?

As for rounds im using .30gs and occasionally MZN .29g SGMs.

Thanks.

Re: KJW KC-02 10/22 Instabillity/Hop Issues

I have the same rifle with RA-Tech sniper upgrade though I use the RA-Tech hop rubber. I also found the hub screw pretty useless as it barely touches the rubber without modification. After what distance does it start to veer to the right? It could be the barrel is a little twisted to one side and its the hop that is making it veer off? I noticed when doing up the two screws that hold the silver barrel block in place, they can make the outer barrel twist round slightly which would make the inner barrel move as well.

Comment

Ahh interesting.

At around 150 - 160ft though every now and then 2/10 shots hit 200ft

I modded my 'hop arm' by using a hex screw with the hop cut off. Seems to be pretty good.

Comment

I fired off a few more shots this evening and paced out the target I was shooting which turns out is about 160ft. Im shooting a box about 1.5 ft square and getting about 4 out of 10 hits. Now and again its drifting off to the left in the last 10ft but i think its probably more to do with FPS fluctuation due to gas efficiency and cool down. Are you using the small mags or the new long mags? I hear the longer mag are more consistant when it comes to fps so maybe that might make the gun more accurate.

At 200ft are you getting a flat trajectory? Im using madbull .36's which are green in colour which makes it a little hard to keep them in view when shooting into a field! Though im getting a pretty good trajectory at the 160-170ft target im aiming at.

Comment

Yep pretty damn flat trajectory. When it wants to...

Long & short mags. Long mags are a little better but not massivly. I did hear on another forum that there are CO2 mags coming shortly which may solve all issues.

Thats interesting to know about the silver clip thingy, ill check that maybe it has moved the barrel

Comment

Yeah the way I saw it is we are trying to achieve very long and accurate shots so the more precise you are when placing the hop and barrel the better! Co2 mags might make a difference but my local doesn't allow co2 at all so not an option for me. What BB's are you using?

Comment

Maruzen .29 SGMS or Blaster Devil .30gs

If its NPAS'd then CO2 should not be a problem. As the FPS is adjustable..

Comment

All problems solved! Thanks to the RA-Tech rubber, seems the Falcon was dodgy

Comment

Lol. Iv just ordered the falcon one !

Comment

Hello matey, I see you have your KC-02 up for sale now Did you not get any more luck with the new Hop rubbwe? I have changed mine to the Falcon one now and its worse than the RA-Tech for sure! I think the key to getting this to proform better is the Falcon 510mm barrell, the short RAtech is great for target practise but just doesnt cut it on the field Im not selling mine yet but Its getting more and more frustrating to use when my AEG shoots better !

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

StargateP90 Find out more about StargateP90
                    Working...
                    X