Longslide outer barrel length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longslide outer barrel length

hey people, im a bit confused on my recently purchased amt 1911 longslide, im in need of a steel chamber and new outer barrel.

I can get the steel chamber but the problem lies with the outer barrel, which size will i need.

Ive measured the old outer barrel and that came out at 5inch exactly, but i also believe this is the same size for standard 1911 outer barrels (please correct me if im wrong)

Braintree-20120421-00042.jpg

As my slide is a longslide it is longer than standard 1911 slides (unsure on how much but my slide measures in at 9.5 inches for the whole thing)

Braintree-20120421-00043.jpg

My question is the 5 inch outer barrels i see for tm 1911's etc, does that 5 inches include the chamber in the whole length?

i hope this kinda makes sense to someone and that they can help me in buying the correct barrel

thanks

rh7an

Re: Longslide outer barrel length

or can anyone simply measure their 1911 standard outer barrel please and tell me, would be muchly appreciated

Comment

M1911s have 5 inch barrels, and yes that figure includes the 'chamber' area.

Comment

hmm thats gona make finding a new outer barrel a right pain in the arse, any help on how to find or make one would be appriciated

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rh7an Find out more about Rh7an
        Working...
        X