Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What are the advantages of gas compared to a battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the advantages of gas compared to a battery?

Sorry if you think this is a silly question but i don't know so what do you guys think?

Re: What are the advantages of gas compared to a battery?

trigger response or 'lock time' is much more like that of a real firearm

Comment

The grin when they work as you want them too

Uk is not always ideal climate
      if weve had dealings in the past bought /sold/trade and weve not done feedback let me know .......

Comment

The recoil is nothing like the real thing, but it's SO much better than aeg's.
        once you've used a gas gun using an aeg feels so unsatisfying.

Also when you use a pistol it's usually because you're getting up close and personal, you need fast trigger response.
        And who needs to shoot 100+ rounds from a pistol? my co2 pistol holds 40 rounds and can fire 60 rounds before needing to change the co2 bulb.
        I find gas guns can be temperamental but co2 guns are amazing, though if they get slightly hot they can push higher than 350 fps so be careful.

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

Advantages of AEG.

Not dependant on warm weather
          No cool down effect
          More accessable for spares and upgrades etc - they have a several year headstart on GBBR
          USUALLY, the magazines are cheaper
          One battery usually lasts all day

Advantages of a GBBR

More realistic in terms of mechanics

I love GBBRs, but i think they are only really worth having if you live in a permanently warm climate or can afford a "summer gun". They work, feel and sound like the real thing (recoil is not true to real steel, but pretty good none-the-less) Gas guns as a generic, suffer from cool down. Every shot you fire, cold gas launches the projectile. That same gas makes everything cold. The rubber seals on the mags and gun get cold, don't seal properly and the gas escapes.Best case is you get a reduction in power, worst case is there is a big hiss and the gas vents out leaving you get lit up!

I believe CO2 deals with this better than regular gas guns but it doesn't happen at all with electric.

I had a VFC 416 GBBR which i loved and regret selling to a certain extent, but when giving it the beans and the mags vented, or trying to use it in the cold and the power was missing it was a pain in the arse. When the weather was good and i was going DMR as opposed to assault, she was MEGA!

If you fancy getting stuck in with lots of full auto, go electric.
          If you fancy being sneaky or sniping, gas is still a valid option.

Comment

cheers guys

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dadpuppy Hello there! I'm danny and i love to skirmish. Find out more about dadpuppy
            Working...
            X