High capa 4.3 assembly problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High capa 4.3 assembly problem

Hi tech gods please help, i have replaced the trigger with a nice guarder three hole aluminium, with the lower built the palm safety works, both stages of the hammer works and the trigger releases the hammer ok, i even stuck a mag in and clicked the hammer back pulled the trigger and bang! It fires.

Problem is when i slide on the top slide it locks the hammer back and it won't fire!! Something to do with the safetys? I then have to strip the hammer spring and dovetailed safety back out to release it!

Please help, i am not an idiot this one has me stumped

PS. This is the first TM i have stripped.

Cheers Russ

Re: High capa 4.3 assembly problem

Sounds like a disconnector issue, when you hold the gun in your hand, take the slide off and on the left hand side there should be a silver tab that sticks up and the right hand side another silver tab, the left when fully up should click when you push it down and the valve knocker should reset, the other side should feel springy (if memory serves correctly).
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

When the slide was off and i was checking the function i clicked the one on the left down. What is the function of both tabs? It seems like when the slide pushes them down together the fault occurs.

Comment

I had the hammer getting stuck on my tm hicapa 4.3 as well. I followed a youtube vid to dismantle (put 'tm hi capa disassembly' into youtube), I couldn't see anything that seemed wrong (was my first time taking one apart as well). I then followed the reassembly vid, and all was working fine. I can only guess that something got stuck/caught and by doing the disassembly/reassembly sorted it out.

Comment

Unfortunately i was using that take down /assembly video, thats why i am stumped. It is definitely to do with when the slide contacts both metal tabs, just need an explanation or fix. Nothing is broken as you said deacon something just isn't fitted correctly. Wish i hadn't fitted the fekkin thing(looks good though)

Comment

When you say it isn't firing, does the hammer move, but nothing happen, or for the trigger do nothing when you pull it?

Comment

When i fit the slide back on it racks the hammer back as it should, but when i pull the trigger the hammer is jammed, i then have to strip the safety and hammer spring and move the bit the third prong sits against to release it. Not got a lot of experience with gbb's, more of a gearbox man. Hope that made sense

Comment

LOL.
                KWA LM4 || TM/Guarder G17

Gear freak, lover of helmets and TRMR's

Comment

^cock

Comment

The silver tab on the right if you were looking down the barrel seems to be causing the trouble, when it is pushed down by the slide it no longer makes contact with the block that releases the hammer when the trigger is pulled. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? I can post pictures

Comment

Check the leaf spring in the back behind the hammer spring housing. The prong (as you look from the back of the pistol grip) should sit on the sloped tap so when you apply pressure to the trigger it keeps the trigger and disconnector spring loaded and resets it again. The middle prong sits on the next tab along on the sloped side of the tab.

Approximate angle for the 3 prongs, The side nearest is the grip safety spring.
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Damn Sean beat me to it. Sounds like your lead spring. When putting it back together, screw the grip on then put that in, doing it the other way round will almost guarantee some wobble and bits not lining up properly.

Also, make sure the hammer is in the upright position when doing it

Comment

Thanks for the help guy's but there is something not right and i bet it's something simple, the hammer locks back and the sear sits to high so the disconnector does not contact it when the trigger is pulled, here's a bad picture if you can see anything wrong

Comment

Hi fella i can fix your gun just need it here apart from that this guy knows everything about these guns see if you can talk to him (LaZoucheCustomshop) on the tube
                            It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

Is the disconnector in the right place, its hard to see but it looks a little low.
                              You will have to open the side up again to look at the hammer and sear position.
                              If you could get a picture of that up, that would be grand.

Its certainly pointing towards the disconnector, Infact if we can get a pic of the right hand side of the frame to see how high or low the disconnector is sitting.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steven seagull Find out more about steven seagull
                              Working...
                              X