Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

How often do you do maintenance on your gas guns, and what do you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you do maintenance on your gas guns, and what do you do?

I've been pissed off with my hi-capa for a while. It was venting really badly, misfeeding, slide not locking, really bad range. I thought it was just because of the cold weather, but it kept doing it even on warm days.

Then, while cleaning the mud and crap out of the slide and lubing up (which I do regularly) I realised I had never lubed the valves or seals on my mags.

So, I sprayed some silicone on & into the rubber vent on top of the mag, on to the valves, and a little bit into the filling valve.

Gun works like new again! Me happy.

Are there any other bits of maintenance I should be doing that I haven't thought of? What regular work do you do on your gas guns?

What gas you using? Every game day i put a few drops of silicon through the mags, and spray the rest of the contact points throughout the gun, after wiping it all clean.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Re: How often do you do maintenance on your gas guns, and what do you do?

You want a small dab of white lithium grease on the rails, just a small amount mind, sore mags with either a maintenance gas in or a normal off the shelf 'wet' gas so to keep the seals moist, regularly take the slide off to do the rails, if you use propane or another dry gas, spray a little bit of silicone spray into the loading nozzle to lubricate the 'bulb' inside the nozzle.
      If you are adept at going further than the slide for strip down then I recommend you take the blow back unit out, give it a clean through, check the state of the piston head it's self, with a small amount of silicone grease give the piston o seal a quick lube up, when Putting that back together, check the operation of the nozzle, make sure it travels all the way back under its own spring power, if it doesn't, change the spring as that effects gas consumption.
      I'd highly recommend a full strip down and clean (right down to the sears) and give those a small dab of lithium grease. Only need to do that bit maybe once every couple of months though.
      Externally check the slide over for any cracks, especially round the back where the screw goes through to hold the blow back unit in.
      Clean the recoil rod, inner barrel regularly and every so often take the hop unit apart and give that a full clean out (and inside the hop rubber to) and a full length barrel clean with no hop unit on.
      Can also add a tiny smear of silicon grease to the top of the gas router in the mag, only the contact face though and not inside.
      Clean the feed tube on the magazine itself to keep that operating smoothly, that also aids to keep the BBs clean.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Thanks Sean, most helpfully post, I had the same symptoms with my Tm glock 26, turns out the piston head had failed. Will be trying to fit a new one over the weekend.
        sigpic

Comment

silicone on the mags and blow back engine but leave the slide rails bone dry or graphite powder (pencil lead dust) nothing that attracts grit and dust.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

harrym Find out more about harrym
          Working...
          X