Leaky M4 mags, have tried everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaky M4 mags, have tried everything

Hey guys, i have 8 open bolt mags, 4 of them are leaking, i have mastered the main seal and the fill valve, but the leaks all come from the top, where the gas comes out during normal operation, i have done all sorts of things with that valve, i have changed o-rings to fatter ones (no use, valve wont fit), i have put them in silicon oil for days on end, i even tried PTEF tape to the thread, wich only made the leak worst... I even went ahead and replaced the whole valve and nothing, i'm about to send the mags in to be repaired, anything i should try before i do?

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Are you 100% sure it's the release valve?

On WE mags under the feed lips there is a small black square of metal, gas can leak from there in some cases and sound very much like its coming from the release valve.

But if it is to my knowledge there is no way of repairing that I'm afraid.

Comment

Re: Leaky M4 mags, have tried everything

Originally posted by tisane View Post
      Are you 100% sure it's the release valve?

On WE mags under the feed lips there is a small black square of metal, gas can leak from there in some cases and sound very much like its coming from the release valve.

But if it is to my knowledge there is no way of repairing that I'm afraid.

That is a good tip, i'll look into it tonight, if it's not a moving part maybe i can put some gasket maker on it.

Thanks for the insight

Comment

I usually stick 'em in a sink full of water to see where the leak is coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by alex4 View Post
          I usually stick 'em in a sink full of water to see where the leak is coming from.
          I did that, the problem is that the gas comes out from the top, from the hole where is normally comes out when the gun is fired, witch led me to believe is was the knocker valve, i'm going to apply some gasket seal on the metal square part and let it sit for a couple of days...

Comment

Just put a touch of mild soapy water on the square, you will soon know if it's that.

Comment

We need a can you say a prayer for my gas mags please !!! Thread ... Maybe get the good lord involved in Airsoft !!!! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by baddbaz View Post
                We need a can you say a prayer for my gas mags please !!! Thread ... Maybe get the good lord involved in Airsoft !!!! Lol
                LOL, maybe that is what's missing, i guess for WE stuff to work properly, only with divine intervention... Quick, guys, we need to get to church!

/joke, no offence to all you christians out there

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ShinSeiki Find out more about ShinSeiki
                Working...
                X