Collapse

WE KAC PDW closed bolt, my first gbbr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE KAC PDW closed bolt, my first gbbr.

So long story short, i traded a couple of aegs for the stated gun fitted with an N.P.A.S. and a dodgey mag (not salvagable) but other than my .45's I have absolutely no experience with gas guns.

I've read plenty of horror stories about the closed bolt system, loads of reviews and recommendations on various parts and upgrades and a few warnings to steer well away from anything gas and anything WE (note that BOTH my 1911's are WE and I haven't had any major issues).

So my questions are these, should I consider swapping to an open bolt system and why, what should I be doing to maintain my new gun so as to avoid the horror stories and what upgrades would you suggest to have it firing sweet, from the mags to tiniest screw.

Any help would be great guys.

Matt.
    I'm ready. I'm ready for the big ride baby.

Re: WE KAC PDW closed bolt, my first gbbr.

Come on guys, give a newbie a hand :D.

Comment

Bad things about WE? I've got a WE M4 closed bolt Co2 and never had a problem as long as there's plenty of lube on the moving parts. AGM, now there's where you might have problems with poor metal and parts snapping. I've also wondered about the open bolt conversion and the improvement it makes but in no rush to convert.
      Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

My dad had a closed bolt 416, and whilst it was okay it rarely performed 100% He now has an open bolt PDW which is superb, and I brought a WE open bolt M4 at the arms fair Saturday. I've put four or five mags through it already and it hadn't missed a beat - extremely happy with it!
        "Someone please get this muppet some skills!"

Comment

I had a closed bolt SCAR and had a few isues with the rubber seal on the npas sticking. nothing a bit of silicone oil didn't fix. although the hopup was completly naff. i upgraded it to open bolt and converted all my mags. put a ra-tech npas and ra tech 6.01 barrel in it and now its the best gun i ever owned. never had a problem with since the conversion(touch wood). and my 1911 is we aswell. i dont know why WE get a bad rep their quite good guns. granted older guns were probably a bit sh*t but their later ones seem to have a lot of r&d placed in to them. i wont pay out £750 quid for a standard GBB WA/g&p M4 when i can get a WE M4 open bolt with ra-tech upgrades for less then £500 quid. and their easier to get parts for.

Comment

From the sounds of things I'm thinking I may invest in the open bolt in a few months but for now what should I be doing to keep it in good nick?

Comment

OOh and thanks everyone for your comments thus far.

Comment

just make sure where the bolt meets the reciver has lube on it, and i mean proper gun&rifle oil, not greese! and some silicone oil on the nozzle so it dosent dry out and stick in the brass tube. Also make sure you keep a small bit of gas in the mags at all times, as to keep pressure on the seals. apart from that their fairly simple. dismantle,clean and lube the gun after every Game aswell.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

phayonyx Wish I could soft more but work won't give me the time off :(. Love my guns and love the sport. Find out more about phayonyx
                Working...
                X