Desert Eagle dismantle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert Eagle dismantle

Just want to fit some steel sights on my Marui Deagle - however its not very clear on how to get into the top slide to swap out the rear sight.

Anyone know of any guides to get the whole top slide completely disassembled? I've poured over Youtube to no avail.

Re: Desert Eagle dismantle

Don't know if it will help u at all buddy but in this months AI they do a take-down on the TM Des Eagle. There's an exploded diagram of all the parts that might give u what you're after

Comment

Cheers for that.

Really need a step by step guide really so I don't break anything

Comment

Just had another look at it. Actually not sure if it will answer your question but if u wanna send your e mail I'll fire a pic over

Comment

Ah great - I have an exploded diagram already which I'm working from

Comment

Not sure if I can explain it very well but here goes.

After you have removed the recoil spring, hold it upside down (so you looking at the inside of the slide) pull the front part away from the slide, you should see a two notches on the hop part, you need to line these up with the wider part of the slide. cant think of a better way to describe it. you then have to literally use force to get it out, twist it one way or the other should do it.

This video shows how to separate the slide, it's not great but you get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYTwc...ure=plpp_video

After that remove the front lug on the rear portion of the slide.
            then you need to remove the rear screw.
            after that remove the safety levers, when they are removed you will see a metal block in there that needs to be wriggled out by turning it one way (to free the piston from it) and then it should push out.
            I THINK after that you can separate the inner slide from the outer by prising the slide apart slightly. after that it should be self explanatory, there is a little block left in the slide that holds the safety bar in place (this will try and fall out) is held in by a Phillips I believe, once that is removed the sight should move freely.

It's a bit of a fiddle to get all back together afterwards and sorry that I haven't explained it too well.
            Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

Last time I checked when I swapped my CM metal DE innards with my TM DE they just slide off from the side with a grub screw holding the sight from the bottom??

Comment

Fantastic! Cheers

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fitch Find out more about Fitch
                Working...
                X