What lube/oil to use in my GBB M4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What lube/oil to use in my GBB M4

Which lubricant/oil should i use to maintain correct functioning of my GBB M4. I have been advised different things. Silicon oil is a nono as far as i know. How about lithium grease or teflon grease. Also are they availbale at Halfords?

Re: What lube/oil to use in my GBB M4

i use abbey silicon oil to clean my barrels, not too sure about gearbox grease

Comment

Lithium grease is standard autofactor grease used in high wear and tear / pressure environments that resists water and moisture. I know this as I used to do a lot of work on cars, and use lithium grease to pack CV joints etc.

Whether it is ok for airsoft use tho I am not sure I am still trying to find out myself. I'm thinking it will be fine in the gears, but I'm not sure about anywhere else as it's quite thick.

You can buy lithium grease in spray or pots, I actually bought some spray because I thought it would be harder to use the stuff I use for cars, but I'm still undecided whether to use it yet! You can also get silicone lubricant from halfords that is suitable for rubber and plastics.
      Weapons of Choice:
      G&G SOC-16
      Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
      JG - AK47 tactical
      VFC Scar - L
      Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to use something that is going to make it worse. And i know silison oil will.

Comment

Yeh it's odd, everyone has their own opinion. I'm sure people use all sorts of stuff and it's outlasted their use of the gun!

I think I'm going to use lithium grease in the gearbox, and on the piston teeth, but on the o ring inside the piston housing and everywhere else I am going to use silicone (unless someone tells me otherwise or has a better recomendation).

Cheers,
          Weapons of Choice:
          G&G SOC-16
          Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
          JG - AK47 tactical
          VFC Scar - L
          Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

HuntR Just another average gun whore Find out more about HuntR
          Working...