we hi capa 4.3 not firing bbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we hi capa 4.3 not firing bbs

hi my we hi capa is not firing bbs does this sound like it needs a new piston? what went wrong first was the gas blow back was getting stuck but took apart and oiled and greased and was ok but then the loading nozzle kept flicking upand fixed that and then no bbs would fire so does it sound like i need a new piston iam new to airsoft and a novice at gun repair any help would be great cheers

WEs arent the best pistols, the easiest way to check the piston is to simply open it up. Im midway through rebuilding a WE1911...

Generic Tapatalk Signature.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Re: we hi capa 4.3 not firing bbs

Is there a possibility of getting pics or better still a quick video of the issue. It doesn't sound like a piston issue as that is static, more of a nozzle issue still.
      Is the spring still in place on top of the blow back unit/nozzle?
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

What lubrication are you using? some lubs can say rubber safe but will still swell the rubber. Could be that your hop rubber has swollen and the load nozzle gets stuck, the slide will still move but the nozzle will stay in the hop unit. Pull your slide back really slow and watch the load nozzle. Does it stay engaged to the hop unit?
        KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

The BBs would jam in that case completely rather than just not fire, although the lubrication question is very valid, as the man above said, some expand rubber and others eat rubber.
          The nozzle does stick slightly anyway as its got to have a good seal, more to the point, does the nozzle return to the blowback unit on its own?
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Sorry to Seansamurail above, I meant to like your posts as you where being helpful for a change and I clicked teh wrong button.

Comment

Ok, I'm helpful a lot though my friend, however I do insist that you stop the childish behaviour, if I don't like something, I have my reasons not to like something, the same goes for you and liking something, if someone puts incorrect information, I will correct it.
              The fact stands that I posted a few times to correct errors, I did not quote pages like some did and I certainly did not purposefully start a flame war.
              I have nearly 3 and a half thousand posts on here and a great many have advice and help involved.
              If someone asks and I have the answer I will help however if someone decides they are 'in the know' but are completely off the mark then that's their problem. If you have an issue with me then man up and say it rather than being a pedantic child who didn't like being corrected, and not just by me either.
              You already have a reputation on here and from what I've seen many of your nearly 50 posts have been either flaming or abusive, ironic really as that's what you are complaining about with your sly little digs.

So be advised, if insist on playing kids games and acting the big man then I'm fairly sure your stay will not be pleasant as a great many people, some of which are extremely helpful are getting mighty cheesed with your keyboard warrior attitude.

PM me Amorris with what your issue is with me, I want evidence to show I'm in the wrong, until then, stay out of my face and hope we never cross paths in the real world.
              I say it as it is, face to face or behind a screen. 12 years in my career teaches you to not beat around the bush.

Comment

Don’t want to start a flame war or anything, I’ve said I’m sorry and I’ll apologies again as I didn’t mean to click dislike above.

My understanding of the system is that you click like when you like a post and dislike when you dislike a post, that’s what I’ve been doing. I really don’t know why you’re getting so upset about it, as most of the time I don’t like your posts. Sorry, but I don’t have to love everything that you post, in fact I disagree with most of it.

What’s really got me going about your posts, and a certain other member, is that you shout down everyone’s opinion that doesn’t match your own. It’s sort of like you’ve answered and that’s the end of all discussion, full stop, there can be no other answer. And it’s not just me you, and said other member, have had this attitude with.

Thanks for the physical threat too, that’s really classy of you so I hope I don’t met you in real life, as you sounds like a thoroughly unpleasant individual.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                  The BBs would jam in that case completely rather than just not fire, although the lubrication question is very valid, as the man above said, some expand rubber and others eat rubber.
                  The nozzle does stick slightly anyway as its got to have a good seal, more to the point, does the nozzle return to the blowback unit on its own?
                  BB's jamming is wrong, like I said if the load nozzle is stuck then it cant feed BB's. I have had this problem and while your right about a snug fitting hop rubber, it can also be a very bad thing if its to snug. Petroleum based lubs like 3in1 etc are bad for rubber and over time will destroy the rubber but swelling is the of the first signs.

If your going to lub your gun if future only use 100% silicone oil (plastic on plastic etc) - silicone grease or other (metal on metal) but beware grease attracts and holds dirt so if using grease you need to clean your gun a little more often. Try and never get any lub inside the hop unit or barrel. There is other things it could be but I think this sounds the most likely, like ive said pull your slide back slow and watch your load nozzle, if it stays in the hop unit the bingo, change the hop rubber

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

Originally posted by theagitater View Post
                    BB's jamming is wrong, like I said if the load nozzle is stuck then it cant feed BB's. I have had this problem and while your right about a snug fitting hop rubber, it can also be a very bad thing if its to snug. Petroleum based lubs like 3in1 etc are bad for rubber and over time will destroy the rubber but swelling is the of the first signs.

If your going to lub your gun if future only use 100% silicone oil (plastic on plastic etc) - silicone grease or other (metal on metal) but beware grease attracts and holds dirt so if using grease you need to clean your gun a little more often. Try and never get any lub inside the hop unit or barrel. There is other things it could be but I think this sounds the most likely, like ive said pull your slide back slow and watch your load nozzle, if it stays in the hop unit the bingo, change the hop rubber
                    The petroleum based grease as you say is not good at all for rubber and does degrade it.
                    Now that I've read this post I see what you are getting at, what you are saying is the nozzle is wedged rather than sticking so yes that will stop BBs feeding.
                    The only bit I can disagree on is the lubrication.
                    Silicone grease is not a wear reducing grease, it's a protective coating to minimise water ingress and protect seals and rubbers from drying out, something like a lithium white grease is a high temperature/high load bearing grease that is designed for metal on metal or plastic on plastic etc etc, although it must not contact rubber otherwise it will degrade them.
                    Like the man said, grease and lubrication does attract dust and dirt so regular cleaning is required, (for the record and Amorris, i say this with 14 years experience as an engineer, most of the stuff i work on has very tight tolerances meaning incorrect greases and lubrication could and will cause failure) otherwise your rails will have a form of cutting paste on them.

@amorris, you have disliked posts that have been helpful and correct quite often, even something you agreed with yourself!
                    If something is wrong or I have experience and know another good way of doing something then I'll say.
                    Strange how you don't dislike everybody else's posts when they disagree with you.

As a sidenote, I can be the nicest most helpful guy you will ever meet, just ask people who know me or have played alongside or against me, however, you act the big one and generally treat people the way you do then I can be the biggest asshole you will ever come across.
                    I would like to think I have contributed a huge amount to this forum over the years, I'm sure being in the top 5 most liked posts and most thanked posts hasn't come from being unhelpful.
                    P.S I don't do threats, I was stating a fact, until you know me you can't judge me as I can't judge you.
                    For all we know you are a 14 year old scrawny, spotty kid who is the nicest person around, shame the posts don't reflect that.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                      Silicone grease is not a wear reducing grease, it's a protective coating to minimise water ingress and protect seals and rubbers from drying out, something like a lithium white grease is a high temperature/high load bearing grease that is designed for metal on metal or plastic on plastic etc etc, although it must not contact rubber otherwise it will degrade them.
                      Thanks I will have to remember that. What about teflon grease? and how safe is teflon with rubber?

Comment

Keep that away as well, although not as bad I still wouldn't recommend it on rubber, keep the seals good with silicone, as long as pressure is kept in the mags with a normal lubricated gun gas you shouldn't need to do anything that side, the piston is lubricated everytime you fire a shot, so if you use propane even with the silicone additive just remember to maintaine the seals with some maintenance gas and every couple months or so it wouldn't hurt to take the piston o seal off and soak it in a lightish silicone oil. RC car silicone shock oil is good, 7-10 weight. Soak the seal overnight, dry excess and put back in. Wouldn't hurt doing it to all the seals and gas routers to keep them supple but that's a lot of maintenance for a 'what if', it's more a preventative.
                        With lithium grease only a small amount is required, others do use a light oil but it is less effective but it works none the less. Frog oil or something I've heard is good for slides but I've never used it so can't comment on it.
                        If you have any queries mate then fire me a PM. Same goes for all others in the thread.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hasbromad Find out more about hasbromad
                          Working...
                          X