tm mk23 socom pistol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tm mk23 socom pistol?

hi people could anyone tell me if i could put a longer plus tight bore barrel in this gun?
    so that the barrel goes to the end of the silencer.

thanks bucko

Re: tm mk23 socom pistol?

If you can find one, then yes. But, why? The socom is one of the very few airsoft guns where the silencer actually makes a decent amount of difference. If you put the barrel into the silencer, it will stop working. Plus, airsoft guns don't work the same way as real guns, so you won't get hardly any improvement in range or accuracy.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
      If you can find one, then yes. But, why? The socom is one of the very few airsoft guns where the silencer actually makes a decent amount of difference. If you put the barrel into the silencer, it will stop working. Plus, airsoft guns don't work the same way as real guns, so you won't get hardly any improvement in range or accuracy.
      HURRAH!
      finally someone with sense :D

the Socom is amazing with the silencer, a friend of mine walked passed the bungalows and got at least 8 kills with his because noone could here where he was :D

dont put a longer barrel inside, besides its a pistol! your not supposed to snipe with it lol

Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

yeah you can it takes vsr barrels.
        i had fitted a 303mm stock g-spec barrel into mine for fun one day,but as said it does make the silencer not work properly,its still quiet but no where near what its like normaly.

another thing to note is it does around 430fps on ultra gas with a 303mm stock vsr barrel,so is a bit hot.
        i had to use it with sniper rules(30m engagement)
        the range and time to target does impove alot but accuracy doesnt realy
        user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

As above a stock TM G-spec Barrel will turn it into a small gas sniper rifle! Mod it to take a detachable stock and you will have an excellent stealth sniper rifle. Umm! I feel a project coming on...

Comment

Not sure about the stealth bit, as the barrel running through the silencer will stop it from working. But, it would be a nice project, as you say. A bit like the old broom-handle Mauser with the fitted wood stock.
            sigpic

Comment

Well the Stealth part would be based around the littleness of the thing! and a socom without a silencer is difficult to hear past about 15mtr's. If it is possible to get a small stock for it then it would be a mighty little thing. Although to be honest a stock socom with the silencer and a fixed stock and maybe some optic's would be just as effective and very quite. Always worth putting a slightly tighter barrel and a nineball hop rubber (the purple one) in as well. Actually the more I think about this the more appealing it becomes. Gillie suit, TM Socom, 3ltr hydration pack then bury yourself in the shrubbery! it could be days before anyone finds you...

Comment

Originally posted by ThatblokewiththeScar. View Post
                it could be days before anyone finds you...
                ...frozen to the ground, if you try that this weekend
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                  ...frozen to the ground, if you try that this weekend
                  Brrrrrrrr lol

Sorry to Bucko for not really helping. Yes you can extend the barrel into the silencer and yes you should get some performance enhancements but you will loose the deadly silence of this excellent gun. :D

Comment

A chap I know at GMA put a tighter standard length barrel into his Mk23. Was a seriously dangerous gun (in airsoft, not that it killed people)! Did a few other upgrades I believe too but it shoots far & accurate (Not sure of exact range though). But I've been on the receiving end of it at about 40m's . . .
                    Originally posted by The Laughing Man
                    Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

You could just by the normal tight bore barrel that doesnt touch the silencer. You can get them off just search.

Comment

hi there again. thanks for all your posts im abit confused now i dont know what to do with it now. lol
                        could anyone tell me where i could pick a tight bore barrel up from for the gun what dont go into the silencer. what else could i do to upgrade it?

sorry for all the Qs as ive only just started airsoft.

thanks bucko

Comment

well if you have just started airsofting why upgrade it.............................................

i dont see people people need to upgrade so quickly.and why would you need a pistol upgraded.
                          pistols are for close range,so dont need high fps.
                          the mk23 is around 328 -350 on ultra-green anyway
                          accuracy isnt bad,but a tightbore will help,but will up fps slightly
                          user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bucko Find out more about Bucko
                          Working...
                          X