looking for someone whos good with pistols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for someone whos good with pistols

Im having trouble with my KJW 1911 and i was wondering if there's anyone in my area prepared to take a look at it for me? The problem is the hammer wont lock back after i installed a 140% recoil and hammer spring. Ive still got the original hammer spring and im wondering if there's someone in my area prepared to take a look at it. Ive also managed to loose the little spring on the pin bit that sticks up at the rear of the frame but I'm hoping to source another.

I live in Bedfordshire but id be prepared to travel and im prepared to come to some sort of deal. As for asking shops i don't have any particularly close by.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftbyOliver - My Youtube channel.

Re: looking for someone whos good with pistols

Hey,

Im not half bad at 1911s, though sadly live no where near but could try to help via forum.

First off remove the the hammer spring and replace it with the standard. Uprated hammer springs are not needed unless where you are is very very hot or your using CO2 mags. Otherwise the standard fine.

As for recoil springs again only needed if you have a metal slide/heavy slide.

Personally I reckon if you strip the lower apart again, installing the standard hammer sping and making sure the leaf spring lines up correctly then your pistol should work very well.

Like i said uprated hammer springs are hardly ever needed. Standard ones are fine unless your using CO2 or in a very very hot place.

Comment

Thing is i do have a co2 mag for the gun but its designed to take co2 as standard. As for the recoil spring it is a metal slide so i want to give it a go. Onnce i can source the missing small spring i shall try your advice and get back to you, thank you.

Comment

I know the KJW 1911s are designed to run of C02 just wondering what mags you where using. Though the stock hammer spring will hit a CO2 mag then you will NEVER need to upgrade it until the stock one wares out after several thousand rounds.

Personally never owned a KJW 1911 though have owned a few TM 1911s (KJWs cloned TMs but added CO2) If the stock slide is metal then the stock recoil spring is fine, as it was designed to recoil that metal slide. So adding a new one will do very little if anything.

If your after upgrades then id suggest leaving ALL as stock and if replacing the hop rubber with a Falcon and if you got the cash a 6.01 barrel.

Comment

Im using the KJW c02 mag but the valve is crap on them (its a known issue with all kjw valves and something they are working on). Ive already fitted a 6.03 barrel and new hop rubber, the only other addition im planning is a lightweight blowback unit.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

OllieHolmes Find out more about OllieHolmes
          Working...
          X