Magazine square o-rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazine square o-rings

Do they have another name to search for?
    And are they magazine specific or just sized. I opened one of my px4 magazines to fix a leak and have discovered the square o-ring around the base of the fill valve piece has snapped.
    It is temporarily fixed with ptfe tape but for a perminant solution I need a new ring.
    Cannot find on google or on Z1's website.

Help gladly recieved (even in the form of insults if I'm being dumb!)

Re: Magazine square o-rings

Its a magazine specific part - your best bet would be to get hold of a parts diagram of the gun and search for it using the specific part number - or just fill the thing with silicone sealant around the broken rubber - that often works.
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

any kind of silicone sealant? like the bathroom stuff or automotive?

Comment

a lot of the time they are round "0" rings that they use anyway even in a square hole ,automotive liquid gasket is what you want in the way of sealant.

Comment

I just went to the local hardware store and found a round one that fitted snug around the baseplate. Shoes itself round the corners no probs. Worked perfectly. If you're really stuck use some automotive instant basket for a more permanent job.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
          "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

I ordered replacements direct from KJW thinking they were moulded square. Although I was VERY happy with the prices and customer service levels from KJW, I was rather pi$$ed off to find the o-rings were exactly the same as some of the ones in my spares box
            sigpic

Comment

Haha fair enough then i'll have a look between getting roughly the right sized round ones and/replacing it with the liquid gasket stuff.

Once again thanks everyone for knowing more than me and not being tight with your information!

Comment

Where do I get instant basket? :-)

Comment

on the shelf beside instant Gasket!
                  "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

zeroin don't sell it soooo, Halfords mate.

Comment

Any good car parts shop. I got mine at local garage for £2.40. Look for RTV Instant Gasket.

Comment

You shouldn't really use instant gasket for sealing mags, there is a reason they don't use it in the factory when assembling them in the first place and that is the correct, lubricated o ring is more than capable of sealing the mag.

O rings are cheap and the tolerances are not great when they are manufactured, so buy a bag of 20 or so of the size you need and go through them to find the one that provides a good seal. Some will be slightly bigger than others of the same size!

You will regret using instant gasket if you ever need to strip the mag down again.

Ash
                        Gas Junkies

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pepperisit Find out more about Pepperisit
                        Working...
                        X