preventing venting ? gbbr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preventing venting ? gbbr

Hi I could do with some help or advise "again".
    I have a we scar closed bolt now converted to Open bolt . The problem I have is that after around 15 rounds full auto it sh*ts itself venting gas every where .sounds like a angry bus door .Im aware of cool down effect and that rof will fall but 15 rounds just doesn't seem right . I have seen vids of scars doing 30 round mag dumps and not miss a beat . co2 would be a obvious option to help prevent this but can afford to buy all new co2 mags .also heard that running propane will help ?
    Any advice tips or trick from people with ggbr would be great .
    I really want this rifle to work and be fully skirmishable/ reliable not that i dont like aeg s but gbbrs makes me smile more .

The only answer to that question really is to go easy on the old full auto.

Most GBBR owners you ask (me included) will tell you that in a game situation they very very rarely even switch the weapon of choice to full auto, and even if it's needed it comes in the form of a few round bursts.

But I'd say it's either a case of its new and still quite tight, or your not getting enough gas into the mags.
    You should if wanted, be able to throw all 30 BBs down range in one go :D

If you do fancy a swap to Co2 mags I've got 5 that I may exchange for the same amount of gas mags

Comment

Re: preventing venting ? gbbr

thanks for the response tisane your becoming a bit of a god send lol . I just read that green gas has to much silicon oil in it and that pure propane in every 4 to 5 mags with a few little drops of silicon oil on the 5th fill will resolve the issue ?
      I have 3 gas mags 1 leaky 1 tight and one brand spanking delivered today, gen 2 . if I cant resolve the issue with propane I would love to do a swap for co2 . I heard they kick a lot harder to . thank you again .

Comment

Propane is much better in just about every way compared to commercially available green gasses, with propane you always know what your getting, 100% propane, I would be willing to bet that one of your mags filled to the top with propane will blat out all 30 BBs no problems.

I just re read your first post and realised its a Scar you have, Co2 is not really a good idea with the WE Scar, It can rip the rear of the gun to pieces, I wouldn't want to be responsible for recommending Co2 and killing your poor Scar....lol
        There are plenty of videos threads and pictures around of Scars with ripped open rear ends because of Co2

Comment

I have been informed of this problem I have a steel hinge plate on order which should solve this . ill give the propane a go and see what happens . would love to try co2 when the rifle has been reinforced . it kicks like a donkey as it is .

Comment

Mate once the hinge plate is reinforced it transfers the stresses to the next weakest part, I forget it's name and part number but it's the part that the hinge plate attaches to, and that part is not widely available or upgradable, not only that but if by some miracle it stands up to the stresses of Co2, the rear of your upper receiver won't, it will elongate and eventually crack open the 4 screw holes at the rear of the upper receiver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaHpx...e_gdata_player

Check that out after only 4 mags of Co2

Comment

that's amazing after 4 mags poor sod bet hes gutted ,Ill stick with propane i think lol thanks for the warning i think i would actually cry if this gun broke .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lloyd2000lloyd Find out more about lloyd2000lloyd
              Working...
              X