Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM 1911 Gas Efficiency Problem

Hi guys,
    So I have a TM 1911 and i can get 7-9 shots off before I run out of gas. As far as I know it is entirely stock.
    If anyone has any tips on how to improve the efficiency I would love to know!

Re: TM 1911 Gas Efficiency Problem

Make sure the mag is full, as in spraying gas out as your trying to fill it.
    They are worse in the cold so keep the mags warm in a pocket maybe when carrying them. Less than 10 shots is pretty bad, I get at least 15-18 with my TM and it has a heavier metal slide. What gas are you using?

Comment

Firstly check what sort of seal the piston is achieving in the BBU/ loading nozzle, a bad seal here will result in bad performance and a lot of gas escaping every time the pistol fires.

Secondly, check the seal of the gas router on the mag against the bottom of the BBU/ loading nozzle. Test by gently applying pressure to the bottom of the mag while in the gun and firing. If you gain extra shots over normal firing and the blowback feels better than shimming the mag will help you out a little.

May also be worth checking the BBU/ loading nozzle condition mot make sure there are no cracks and also that everything is tightened up and not rattling around loosely.

I assume mag and pistol are all standard?

Ash
      Gas Junkies

Comment

First of all thanks for the solutions. I found that pressing the bottom of the mag further into the gun helped and gave me around 17-19 shots out of it, so my question is this, what is shimming and how do you do it?

Comment

All right guys, i sprayed silicone into all the seals and left over night, it now shoots on average 21 rounds!

Comment

Originally posted by A guy with a gun View Post
            First of all thanks for the solutions. I found that pressing the bottom of the mag further into the gun helped and gave me around 17-19 shots out of it, so my question is this, what is shimming and how do you do it?
            you buy mag shims and insert them under the gas router on the mag - google mag shims. or try Laylax purple nine ball mag routers
            I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

The Laylax routers will not fit the MEU and 1911A1 mags without modification as trhey are designed for the Hicapa. There are two small groves on the outside of the router which line up with the roll pins that hold the top of the mag together. The groves do not line up with the MEU mags and causes the inside of the router to bulge inwards making them pretty pointless as they are meant to make the gas flow easier. The shims are the better option.

Comment

yeah your right. do NOT use the laylax mag routers, i spoke to Mike Cripps and he said they actually increase gas flow and they dont make them for the 1911 otherwise you would only get a handfull of shots out of them.

try and google LPE mag shims or look on a popular auction site and you may find them there. i cant say if they will help or not but its worth a try.
                I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

A guy with a gun Find out more about A guy with a gun
                Working...
                X