Bell M1911 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell M1911 Issue

firstly my guns mags do not use gas efficiently and don't work as they should do any more and my second problem is i've just put new springs, piston and barrel into my gun and the it does way under ten shots before the gas runs out or the hammer gets stuck in the slide constantly, but i've siliconed every seal i can find!
    is there any solutions to my problems!

Re: Bell M1911 Issue

Hard to say what the problem might be with so many things that could be wrong. When you say springs do you mean up-graded? also recoil and hammer spring?
    KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

Its a single stack 1911. they are renowned for rubbish gas consumption. The only thing I can currently suggest if you have upgraded the springs that may make gas consumption worse (the gun has to use more gas to recoil the slide) You could try shimming the top seal. Bells are basically clones of TM down to the internals but they put a metal frame on which those internals were never designed to cycle well without upgrades.
      Last edited by aribos; 12 September, 2012, 13:09.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

its a double stack but it can barely make it through half a mag even with the standard springs

Comment

I think you need to look at the magazine, you said that it wasnt working well before the upgrades. Now with the upgrades its worse? Like the guy above said upgraded springs etc need more gas to work. Im not sure but if its a clone of a TM pistol then have you thought about getting TM mags or up-rated mag valves. When you first fill the mag can you hear any hissing? also when the pistol is fired is there any gas escaping? ie out the back of the slide or more than you should be getting out the barrel?

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

what about if you got the Laylax nine ball purple mag routers. they are meant to help gas consumption, or try some mag shims.

Also, and someone correct me if im wrong, wouldnt short stroking help. it makes the slide come forward faster and cuts off the gas valve quicker so saves gas- i think. i saw someone so it by putting 3 old aeg bearings inside the spring tube. the gun wont lock back (but im presuming that if its not finishing a mg it rarely does this anyway.

try propane. upgrade the loading nozzle first. i run propane in my 1911 and it has no problem cycling the slide. a bit too powerful on hot days though.

My 1911 never finishes a mag, so instead of 23 rounds i load it with about 15.
            I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

thanks for all the help guys most of the gun is now fixed, but now its firing fully auto some times XD, and the hammer gets locked behind the muzzle stopping the slide from reloading, i presume this is because of the loading muzzle spring, ill get one of them but why does it fire full auto some times?

Comment

no idea why it fires full auto - seems cool to me! lol. If you have upgraded the hammer spring, then try going back to the original hammer spring as it could be causing too much pressure on the hammer. i dont have an upgraded hammer spring in mine because it further wrecks gas consumption. With all 1911's i think you have to treat them as 15 shot mags so only put 15 in each mag and see how you get on. or try mag shims. take your loading nozzle out and check for cracks.
                I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

i have heard the hammer spring does mess with the gun, its now doing 2 burst randomly, and now it can go to about 19 shots without blowing back after putting new o rings in the mag also how do mag shims work?

Comment

Mag shims work by raising the rubber gas router on the magazine up a little to give a better/tighter fit when it lines up with the bottom of the load nozzle.

Nine ball gas routers (and other after market gas routers) work by giving a better gas flow through the router and also they sit a little higher so give a better seal.

To sum up - mag shims are cheap and work ok, Upgraded gas routers cost more but give better results.

Comment

damn double post lol

Comment

Nine ball routers are not the same as the 1911A1 and MEU mags, they are for Hi-Capa's.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

xiwebaaix I began air-soft at the beginning of 2012. Recently started the sport again after purchasing a gun that finally works! Find out more about xiwebaaix
                        Working...
                        X