TM P226, trigger won't return fully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM P226, trigger won't return fully

So I picked up a second hand Guarder/TM P226 today, loving it so far barring this issue. The pistol was recently serviced before it was sold to me, I don't know what they did but I am assured it was serviced and I trust the seller.

When the trigger is pulled it won't return all the way, meaning I have to push the trigger forward before I can fire the next shot. I've tried it with the slide on with a gassed mag inserted, slide on empty mag, slide on no mag (slide doesn't return either) and with the slide removed and always the same result meaning it must be the trigger mechanism.

Anyone know what's up and what I need to do/have done to it?

Cheers.
    "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
    Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Re: TM P226, trigger won't return fully

So I stupidly decided to open it up without finding a decent guide and my trigger bar spring popped out and I'm not sure how it fits properly, it looks misshapen as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It seems pretty obvious that the loop goes around the large circle on the actual pistol and one of the arms slots into the small hole but I can't make it work haha.

Comment

I made this mistake whilst trying to reassemble my Inokatsu, since I was relying on Marui's diagrams which are a little less than helpful on this point. The spring DOES NOT GO into the little hole; it sits below it, like so:

(Credit to Romulus over at Arnie's.)

Comment

Thanks for that PureSilver, turns out that it was because the spring lost tension so I reshaped it and its holding up, trying to land a few spares though to stow away.

And I agree on the Marui diagrams lol.

Comment

I think MAG do a complete set of spare springs for the P226, if you can't find any other way. It may be cheaper to order from KJW/KSC/KWA/Kwik-Fit (it's one of the K-companies), who have really good parts support in the US for a pistol which will almost certainly be compatible with the Marui.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fenrisianspirit I'm a huge geek. I love tinkering with computers, playing vidya games and listening to music.Why not zoidberg? Find out more about Fenrisianspirit
          Working...
          X