Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE Closed bolt mags leaking

Hi guys,

I have a couple of WE closed bolt mags that I use for my scar that are leaking. Just wondered what either the easiest or the best fix is for this (cheap as possible lol). Thanks for the help.

Re: WE Closed bolt mags leaking

Where are they leaking from?

Comment

It's hard to tell there making so much noise it could be spewing out from the top or bottom. If I had to guess I'd say the bottom of the mag where you fill it from. But I could be wrong. First time I've had leaky mags.

Comment

We are well known for there leeks. Just gas the mag a little and pop in a bowl of water that will tell you!

Comment

Dunk the mag internal into a bowl of water to find the leak.

Remove the fill valve and soak in silicone oil overnight is best, do the same with the release valve.

Remove the back plate running down the spine of the mag thoroughly clean both the backplate and mag of the corrosion type gunk that accumulates and then clean the seal itself, try some silicone grease on the mag seal when you rebuild it, failing that a thin (and I mean thin) smear of silicone sealant usually does the job.

Oh and if it leaks from the small square plate under the feed lips, bin the mag because there is no fix for that

If that doesn't do the job then you need to look into new main seal and either new valves or valve seals if you can find the right type, I think LPE may do a seal kit suitable for WE mags.

Comment

Ah if it does leak from the small square at the top! You can fix that!

Use a nail punch and Basicly punch around the outline of that square! Worked a treat on mine!!!

Comment

Yeah I have heard that. Okay done the test. One is leaking from both top and bottom and the other is just leaking from the top but the bottom is starting to go. Thanks.

Comment

Right will try the fixes that you have suggested thanks guys helped a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Strebor_7 View Post
                  Ah if it does leak from the small square at the top! You can fix that!

Use a nail punch and Basicly punch around the outline of that square! Worked a treat on mine!!!
                  Ahhhh I beat the living daylights out of that bloody square trying to get it out on an old mag...lol

Nice to know someone has a solution to the bloody thing.

Comment

Yeah I don't understand why it there! But glad it worked on mine as it started to happen on all my m4 mags!

Comment

i have 5 gas mags and 5 co2 mags, M4 types for my hk416 ... co2 is not to bad for leaks. the gas mags i took all of the seals off and did the soak in silicon trick, it is amazing how much they soak up the oil. the worst seal is the huge seal on the back of the version 1 m4 mags, its a cow, but not impossible. you have to evenly screw down the back evenly, when down i found i had to tap the back plate with the rubber handle of a big screw driver and then tighten the screws some more. i am planing on getting a version 2 insert to try this week.

Comment

got the version 2 inset... wow what a difference.. gas tight first assembled.. no problems at all... just need my lower receiver back from being engraved and i can try it out...

Comment

Originally posted by krowz View Post
                          got the version 2 inset... wow what a difference.. gas tight first assembled.. no problems at all... just need my lower receiver back from being engraved and i can try it out...
                          That's the same as I'm doing to mine at the end of the month, one just randomly decided to develop a leak a few days ago and I can't even be bothered to try sealing the bloody thing!!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chris Jarrold Find out more about Chris Jarrold
                          Working...
                          X