Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New King Arms ghk gbb not loading or firing consistently

Hi forum!
    I'm new to this (you've heard that before , right? lol) , so please bear with me.
    I recently purchased a King Arms GHK GBBK M4 (http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=7907) and I'm having some issues with it.
    I'll talk you through my problem step by step for clarity.

* I fill the magazine with gas for the recomended four or five seconds then load it with around 30 quality polished BB's (Max. recomended capacity of the mag is 40 BB's).
    * I allow the mag to warm over a period of around ten minutes.
    * I place the magazine into the lower reciever.
    * I then proceed to cock and fire the rifle in semi.
    * The rifle fires and fully cycles , but around 4/5 times no BB projects from the barrel.
    * I remove the magazine from the reciever , there is one or two BB's either loose in the top of the nozzle , or one or two fall out of the reciever and onto the floor.

I have read that it is safe practice to lock the bolt back when inserting the magazine to help avoid damaging the loading nozzle.
    As fas as I can tell , the only way of doing this with this particular rifle is to physicaly hold back the charging handle , which while trying to safley insert the mag is slightly awkward , please tell me if I am missing something obvious here!
    I have tried to fix the problem by adjusting the hop-up , but so far I have had little to no luck with this.
    So please please can somebody advise a noob like me as I really can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong (which if this is the case I'll bet it's something fairly simple , knowing me) , or if the rifle has a mechanical issue/s.
    I know that there might be some people wanting to jump on me with the old 'why on earth did you get a GBB for your first airsoft rifle , you should have got an AEG' , but I bought this as a learning tool (maintainence , upgrade ect.) and I only intend to target shoot with it and not skirmish , for that I probably will be (eventualy) using an AEG.
    My sincere thanks in advance for any and all advice on this!
    Best wishes and kind regards ,
    Chris ,
    Jersey C.I.

Re: New King Arms ghk gbb not loading or firing consistently

Hi

There's no need to hold the bolt back you just need to make sure you've racked it back once before loading a new mag from what I can see ( I have the G&G version but its GHK) it'll make sure the hammer is locked back and doesn't vent your mag upon insertion.

It sounds like its a bb feeding issue mate tbh I've also experienced it! these are very picky mags regarding make of bb's no matter what the quality!
    Blaster .25's work well but madbull .28 don't and are pretty temperamental although Ive found them to be very good in AEG's
    Maybe if people could list what brand and weight bb's they are having success with in both the GHK Kings Arms M4 and the G&G it would be useful

Hope that helps.

J

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kuma Find out more about Kuma
    Working...
    X