Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM Sig P226 GBB Issue

Hey looking for some help diagnosing and solving my issue,

Gun Details/Upgrades: Totally standard apart from 150% recoil spring fitted by the last owner.
    Issue: After pulling the trigger it fires once and then proceeds to expel all of the remaining gas out of the barrel until i remove the mag.
    Condition: No unusual wear, parts regularly maintained, have checked all the springs and moving parts but again nothing seems unusual.

I have looked on here and other forums but cant seem to find anyone with the same issue i am having and because im not 100% on gas guns as yet i cant resolve it myself so any help would be appreciated thanks!

Might be prob with the valve on the mag or the hammer that strkes the mag valve take slide of find the valve hammer push with finger and pull trigger it should stay back

Comment

Re: TM Sig P226 GBB Issue

Seems like a broken valve knocker.

Comment

I'm getting better at Sigs now but I'm still stumped now and again - here are my thoughts:

1) Lube, lube, lube - all areas of stiction. This could be the main problem. Id take slide off and press or push down all the working parts in the trigger and hammer mech to see if they pop up, stay down correctly etc. You may see something broken or not working properly here.

2) hammer spring may be ropey so may need swapping out - this is why the little valve knocker/hammer is continuing to press on the magazine hence venting the gas up and out the gun.

3) Think about how the gun works - the slide shoots back in and in doing so it presses down parts that connect to the hammer/knocker block at the rear of the gun. The slide is getting caught at this area and not reseating the hammer mechanism - its leaving the valve knocker so its venting all the gas. It's supposed to "pop" back until its ready to fire again. It's clearly not doing this.

4) Check your blowback / BB loading nozzle to see if its springing back ok and its not cracked or super dry...

Comment

Why is there only a 150% spring fitted? No HF valves or metal slide? Might want to check whether the 150% hammer spring is fitted as this can be overkill and trap the slide part way through its cycle... As fitch says, the loading nozzle is defo the place to look as well, needs to slide in and out smoothly (and spring back) and also be able to pop a bb nicely out the top of the mag under the recoil springs power...
          Originally posted by Walter Gropius
          If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Any know if any uk stores stock the filler valve for the mags

Comment

Only zeroin exists... :P

Comment

Didn't say name it lol I meant any one know if there unstock in the uk

Comment

Will look into all the possibilities/solutions you guys have mentioned cheers guys

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sfwolfpackcurtis Find out more about Sfwolfpackcurtis
                  Working...
                  X