CO2 mag for GBB Pistol help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 mag for GBB Pistol help

If i have two identical mags that fit the same gun if one was CO2 and one Green Gas.

I am asking if I had a gun that uses green gas mags

can i use a Co2 mag of the same size as they are just different types of Compressed Gases

Any light to be shined on this will be good.

Far as i know Co2 runs in cold weather so i could just use the CO2 mag when its colder
    Chris Ford

Re: CO2 mag for GBB Pistol HELP????????

Which gun and which co2 mag?

Comment

Re: CO2 mag for GBB Pistol HELP????????

its a Kimber Warrior hi capa the mag is a KJ works 5.1 hicapa
      Chris Ford

Comment

Re: CO2 mag for GBB Pistol help

My KJ Works Hi Capa came with a gas mag AND a CO2 mag in the box so i reckon you are on to a winner! (i have since bought 2 more CO2 mags and all work perfectly)

Comment

Firstly;
          1. There is nothing magical about CO2; it is a compressed gas like any other.
          2. CO2's vapour pressure is higher than propane's, which means that the gun operates with higher pressures.
          3. CO2's boiling point is lower than propane's, so it is less affected by cooldown and cold weather.

Therefore, in principle CO2 can be used in airsoft guns that would otherwise use other gases. However, the higher operating pressures of CO2 mean that only guns that are sufficiently reinforced should use it. In general, if CO2 magazines are available from the manufacturer, the gun can handle CO2.

In your case, KJW's Hi-Capas are designed CO2, which is why KJW sells CO2 magazines. If your gun is a KJW, then you should be fine, though bear in mind that KJWs' CO2 magazines aren't supposed to last very long.

Comment

A kjw hi-capa co2 mag will only work in a Kjw hi-capa AFAIK ,might go in a co2 capable WE. If its a tm I've had mixed responses in them mostly bad, one worked .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chris Ford I am an Airsoft enthusiast Find out more about Chris Ford
            Working...
            X