GBB, Care and Maintenance help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBB, Care and Maintenance help.

Im getting my first GBB Pistol ( WE Sig p226 ) and ive heard at least 20 times my friends and other skirmishers saying that their Pistols had broken or were in need of maintenance, Could anyone just post a few tips on looking after a GBB pistol, any would be appreciated
    sigpic

Re: GBB, Care and Maintenance help.

dont store the pistol with too many bbs in the mag,as it can weaken the spring.
    keep a little bit of gas in the mags to keep the valves n seals "healthy" when in storage.
    buy some silicone spray,and get an old toothbrush and cloth and strip the gun when you feel like it,some people do it after every game,some people do it once a month or whatever, spray the rails and slide and spring and inlet valve and rubber outlet gasket where the gas comes out,(always keep the outlet gasket lubricated,if this drys out then it seriously effects your guns performance),trigger mechanism, hammer, you know all the bits that move.
    try to keep the hop up rubber free of oil, as it effects the spin on the bbs,
    if the pistol looks a bit grubby get the toothbrush and scrub a little bit for example where the metal of the slide and lower interacts

then spray it a little bit more, put it together, and rub off any excess oil,fire a few shots,and put it away in its nice little gun case.
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Detailed answer and very helpful thank you :D
      sigpic

Comment

Anybody got any more?
        sigpic

Comment

Don't store with the hammer cocked back. Messed up my usp a little.
          sigpic

Comment

Also, My Assault vest doesnt have any pouches big enough to fit a can of gas in, does anybody know what one to get ( Dpm ) Thanks
            sigpic

Comment

Dump pouches are ok for this purpose. Bottle sticks out the top though

Comment

If your using the pistol as a back up just get two spare mags and a pouch to keep them in, it's unlikely you will have to re-gas a mag for a back up during a game.

Comment

Struggling to find some spare P226 Mags
                  sigpic

Comment

AFAIK you can also use TM 226 Magazines which would wider the search :P
                    Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

If they fit, DEFINITELY use TM magazines. Easily 85% of the field malfunctions I've seen sidearms (in fact, all gas weapons) suffer is due to the magazine; whether it's not filling, leaking, not feeding, freezing, venting - whatever. The more reliable your magazine, the more often your gun will work like it's supposed to - and TM's stuff is much more reliable than WE's (probably because they actually engineered them, as opposed to reverse-engineering them). Magazine issues are aggravated by people treating their GBB weapons quite carefully - knowing that they are usually full of small, complex, fragile and expensive parts - but ignoring their mags. All magazines benefit from maintenance of the kind Sparrowhawk outlined above; treat them nice, and they won't let you down.

Comment

stick with either WE mags or TM new style (E2) mags . they perform better than TMs older P226 mags

Comment

it has been suggested that silicon spray is a bit too thin for some metal parts that have more stress applied to it

quoted from redhawk

"While it's not necessary to, I like to clean my pistols out after every game of use. It'll increase longevity and gas efficiency due to reduced friction. Part of good maintenance is also using a mix of grease and spray silicone, and knowing where to apply it. Grease should be put on high friction areas (the slide rails) and lube should be put on plastic parts.

Generally you can spray silicone in the whole thing and it'll work, but I like to be more thorough.

While many people recommend "frog lube" (because the military use it or something) I'd recommend sticking to silicone spray and PTFE grease. PTFE has the lowest coeffecient of friction of any greases you can use in your gun. AKA it's mega slippery.

You can grab a can of silicone spray from B&Q for a decent price, if you use it correctly then it should last you for several years. My current can is 4 years old and 3/4 full still.
                          PTFE grease is usually found on paintball sales websites, the best stuff is Lurker Lube (quick google search will give result).

Do not use any hydrocarbon based lubes as they'll damage plastics, o-rings etc."
                          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Monster Airsofter Hi, Im Jed and Airsoft is a big part of my life, Everywere you look in my home you will find items to show it. Gun hanging on my wall, BBs spread all over the house and bits of dpm here there and everywhere. I'd prefer mil sim but any airsoft is good airsoft, ive only tried Ground Zero and Challenge leisure but will try others like Tier 1, The Sandpit, Ambush and Combat South. Find out more about Monster Airsofter
                          Working...
                          X