Army R17 Outer Barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army R17 Outer Barrel

I have an Army R17 - I thought they were meant to be TM compaitble so I purchased a Guarder Threaded Outer barrel so I could use a silencer on the pistol.

Can't get the outer barrel to fit correctly, although the Guarder barrel doesn't have a left side "wall" to the part that sits in the ejector port area, whereas the standard plastic barrel does, and also has a an area where a small pin sits, presumablt to hold the barrel in place.

Was I wrong in the assumption that they are TM compatible or am I doing summat wrong?
    sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Re: Army R17 Outer Barrel

Anyone help? Could do with some advice on this ... Any TM Gun Guru's out there that can help?

Cheers
    sigpic

Comment

Army are clones of TM so they are TM compatible and any parts for them should fit in an Army glock aswell.
      However i have no idea if any aftermarket parts such as guarder like you have purchased will fit as ive never tried it. Lots of guarder parts require fitting so you may have to do some sanding to get it to fit.

Comment

it fits in the slide just fine....it's when I come to reassemble the pistol I have problems. Summats catching and I can't rack the slide all the way back properly.

Will get a vid taken and osted ....
        sigpic

Comment

Think it's the recoil spring guide catching on the lower frame. Everything else fits OK.

I was planning on replacing the recoil spring and guide with the enhanced Guarder version anyways but not sure if this will alleviate the issue.

Anyone got any ideas?
          sigpic

Comment

This is driving me nuts!! Someone must have experience of fitting the Guarder Outer Barrel onto a G17 ..... be it TM, Army or KJW.

Any and all advice required and welcome
            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hellfish Find out more about Hellfish
            Working...
            X