Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-7 Magazine leaking

Hi folks,

One of my 5-7 magazines have started leaking from the top of the magazine. This ceases when I apply the tiniest amount of pressure onto the hammer valve.

I have removed the valve, stretched the o-rings a little and applied silicone grease but the mag is still leaking.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers!

Re: 5-7 Magazine leaking

Could get a shim for it, might well help.
    Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

Had a similar problem, which I fixed earlier in the week without taking the mag apart. Basically, drenched the top of mag and the hammer valve in silicone oil (not grease). Kept pressing the valve in and out whilst spraying to ensure it gets thoroughly penetrated (giggedy) with oil.

Couple of fills from an old can of crappy gas and she's now holding rather nicely. It's been about three days now and the mag is still full of gas. Before it wouldn't even last half a minute

For reference I used the Abbey Silicone Oil Spray - I would provide a link, but my work internet gets a little crappy with airsoft stores...

Comment

I have a fn57 spare mag that you could take off me for a few quid. The feed lips are broken and the fill valve is missing but everything else is sound?

Comment

I've just had and fixed a similar problem, it seems TM went for a bit of an unconventional design with the 5-7 mag which leaves another seal to degrade.

Initially I thought my mags were leaking from the release valve and was concerned that it was going to be a pain in the proverbial to fix, so I set about completely stripping the mag and discovered an extra screw:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

wondering what it did I decided to undo it and suddenly the whole top of the mag started to come away! (note, you'll need to remove the two push pins from the top of the mag for this to work!). What you'll end up with is two parts, on the bottom of the smaller part is another o-ring, on my mags it was these that were dry and needed re-sealing, so I dunked them in a bath of silicone oil for a couple of hours, put them back on and then gave them a good coat of Airsoft Innovations GBB oil just to be sure.

After that just reassemble the mag and it should seal fine, failing that you can take more extreme measures like this guy:
          http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=88524

While you've got the mags apart it's worth doing a mod to the spring too, makes them way easier to fill. I think it may also help with the leaking problem in the long run as my mags were coming apart at the top seal part a bit and the only reason I can see for that is the spring being too strong.

Here's the link for the spring mod:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcxRhHxrLsE

Comment

I was just about to recommend red or blue gasket marker its the best for sealing your mags

Take the mag apart and soak the o rings in silicone oil for a day put it back together with the gasket marker (red)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WolfofBadenoch Just started softing in the past year but now a diehard fan :D Find out more about WolfofBadenoch
            Working...
            X