Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 PDI Winter Piston Head

Hi guys,

The new Pdi winter piston head is causing the following, and occasionally preventing the slide from functioning properly. Remedy?

Re: 1911 PDI Winter Piston Head

Polish/lube the inside of the loading nozzle?
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I got a stronger loading nozzle spring and that cured it for me.

Comment

Okay guys thanks. Sgt, did you find it stopped the slide from racking as well? The nozzle stuck out on its own doesn't really cause any issues, it's the slide friction that goes with it that's causing problems

Comment

Could be the sides of the nozzle getting jammed on the bbu, was happening to my kjw nozzle in my TM so I filed it down and it was all dandy
          Hate.
          "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Originally posted by gijohn2 View Post
            Could be the sides of the nozzle getting jammed on the bbu, was happening to my kjw nozzle in my TM so I filed it down and it was all dandy
            I did that aswell, but my nozzle was sticking anyway. It did stop it catching on that part occaisionally. Will the nozzle sticking cause any problems? I'm using the nineball dyna piston head, by the way.
            "Unleash just one load into the enemy
            and be ready to go again straight
            away... and that doesn't happen very
            often does it lads!" - ZeroOne

Comment

So I got some stronger springs, it didnt help, I took out the PDI piston head, and put the original one back in.

with the PDI head and stronger springs: about 10 shots before the gun was too weak to lock the slide back (all shots done with an empty mag)

with the original piston head back in: about 20 shots before the gun was too weak to lock the slide back.

That nice sealing rubber just seems to cause the nozzle to stick too much, and not let the gun cycle as it should. I got a lot more shots per mag, before running out of gas, but roughly 80% of those shots were too weak to fully cycle the slide.

Dissapointing to say the least!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
              Working...
              X