X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM M9 Upgrades?

Morning all

New here and currently re-furbing an old TM M9 tac master

Want to re-new all seals and upgrade the internals as fully as possible- maybe also a metal frame and slide set

Is there a UK supplier stocking the guarder upgrades or any other makes I should look out for?

Thanks

Lew

Re: TM M9 Upgrades?

Sorry buddy, but forums rules prevent us from being helpful on this occasion (unable to mention other retailers).

However, I did buy a 6.01 tightbore for my M92 from Zero One, which seems to have made it a fair bit more accurate...

Comment

Ok thanks mate, no worries

Am i ok to use white spirit to strip and clean up this gun?

Ok on rubber seals etc?

Lew

Comment

Most definitely don't use white spirit on the rubber. They are very easy guns to strip down. The first thing id do is strip it down and give everything a realy good clean and put it back together and see how it shoots. Do some google research on upgrades, i would advise against 6.01 barrels unless you are target shooting, go with a 6.03.

Unfortunately we cant mention other retailers here but do some research.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftbyOliver - My Youtube channel.

Comment

Thanks mate

Pulled her apart on Friday and had a good clean up with some white spirt. Got her back together but accidentally reversed the two tapered springs that sit inside the blowback mechanism- She fired then the springs became unseated and mangled between the slide and the frame.

I've ordered a new King Arms spring set that should hopefully come this week along with a guarder 150% spring set and High flow valve.

Also picked up another Tac master that I plan on keeping stock incase I run into any more issues with this one.

Years ago I remember reading about a full auto mod for the Mauri M9- I think part of the trigger bar (for want of a better word) needs filing down where it extends up into the slide- can anyone shed any light atall?

Cheers

Lewis

Comment

Ok guys need some help here

Spring set arrived today with some green gas so i re installed the two small springs on the floating valve the correct way round this time (tapered ends forward)

The gun fired brilliantly for about 10 rounds then one of the springs became unseated again and mangled between the frame and the slide. The other is still in there and looks ok for now

Can anyone tell me where i'm going wrong? Obviously need another spring set now and at a tenner a go this could get quite expensive if i can't figure it out

Anyone seen/ had this before?

Thanks

Lew

Comment

Ok so I put another mag through the M9 and she seems to be shooting ok with just the one spring in the floating valve/ hop up unit.

Decided to fit the guarder 150% springs- I think the recoil spring is a bit too much really so put the stock one back in, can anyone envisage any problems I might run into just running the hammer spring?

Comment

Personaly i like the kick of having a 150% recoil spring but ive kept the stock hammer spring as i want to keep the FPs tame. Ive never had problems like you, good luck finding a retailer who will work confidently on pistols.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftbyOliver - My Youtube channel.

Comment

Happy to work on it myself to be honest

Fitted the recoil spring last night again and it just short strokes it so it's staying off. Might work better with a high flow valve.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lewairsoft Find out more about lewairsoft
                  Working...
                  X