Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBB Pistol Silencer Help Needed

Hello and thanks for looking.
    I am in real need of help and advice on silencers for pistols.
    I go airsofting regularly with my son as his appropriate adult as he is only 14, and he is currently playing hitman on the xbox 360 and is desperately wanting to copy the hitman dual pistols with silencers and i was hoping to sort these out for him for xmas, but i am stumped as to how the pistol/silencer thing works. we have a large collection of gbb pistols and only the browning high power has a threaded barrel, and even with this, there doesn't appear to be enough room for a silencer without it stopping the blowback action. and because of this i am stuck, so if anyone could offer any help it would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

You'll be very hard pushed to find a gas gun that works decently with a silencer on the end of the barrel.

If you did though, pm me and ill help

Comment

Re: GBB Pistol Silencer Help Needed

1911s don't have full length guide rods so threaded barrels are possible, but I would reccomend the Pro Arms silencer adapters for Hi-Capas (Or Glock version for a 9mm barrel). Is attaches to the inner barrel, so an extended one is needed, but boosts performance and doesn't hinder cycling at all. Plus at under £10 it's very cheap, unlike a £40+ threaded barrel.

Comment

would look cool but silencers wouldn't work well for their purpose as most of the noise is made in the rear of the pistol / slide.
        Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

If it's down to aesthetics, alot of the we 1911s have threaded barrels(I have a kimber)
          A silencer adaptor is available for 4.99, and I use it with a lees precision carbon silencer.

As said, doesn't hinder sound much, doesn't seem to affect cycling (they are ridiculously light) and looks cool as shiz.

Hth

Comment

many thanks to all who replied.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mattyjq Find out more about mattyjq
            Working...
            X