Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

How to equip your KSC/KWA Glock with NS2/System 7 parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to equip your KSC/KWA Glock with NS2/System 7 parts.

For those that say System7/NS2 is not present on KSC/KWA Glocks (which is debateable if you read on), and you would like to change that, then read on!

The KWA ATP - it's NS2/system 7, and it almost entirely uses glock internals (a godsend for glock users). One comparison I came across online said that while the ATP nozzle/cylinder was a different design, it was fully compatible with glocks, and as such could be fitted to a glock and thusly give it S7/NS2 performance. Just an anecdote that I thought some people might find helpful
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Re: How to equip your KSC/KWA Glock with NS2/System 7 parts.

Hey buddy, I've just come across these claims today and I'm a bit skeptical. Having just looked at the exploded diagram of the ATP, this fabled new cylinder looks no different to the ones I put in my '08 KSC Glock 19? All other parts look pretty identical too, have you ordered or tried one of these for yourself?

- - - Updated - - -

Having done some more research, one of the main differences with the ATP is that it contains a metal rocket valve. As the author on one of the posts claimed he swapped out the cylinders and saw a 20fps jump, I'm assuming he had not upgraded from his plastic rocket valve in his Glock prior. This metal rocket valve would explain why he got the Fps jump, rather than some new design. Just speculating here, but if it's the case where the cylinder is better- hell I want one! :P

Comment

The parts arrived about a week ago, I've just not got round to updating this thread:

ATP NS2 and Glock non-NS2 cylinders are IDENTICAL. As mine already has a firefly rocket valve in it I feel i can confidently state that my KSC Glock 18 uses the System7 design.

Comment

Thanks Dave. When you say identical do you mean in terms of basic dimension or that they are the same part? So it wouldn't benefit me replacing my Glock 17 cylinder with an ATP one?
        Thanks for the update!
        sigpic

Comment

Exactly the same part, saying that my glock was second hand and ancient, so I have no idea whether the part had ever been changed. As the rest of the gun was completely stock before I got my hands on it I doubt it though.

Comment

Good to know, sometimes you have to wade through a fair bit of speculation and hype in airsoft I can't confess to being much of a tech but I know the KSC/KWA Glock system like the back of my hand and something didn't seem right about the cylinder claim. It's pretty funny though that people are currently paying large amounts of money for the new ATP even though it's running 7-8 year old tried and tested internals :P
            On a side note, to confirm my suspicions, the KM19 aka PTP but not a PTP, is exactly the same as previous models but with the additional 'ns2' 'ptp' rebranding that they've always been?
            You should see my Glock 19 now Dave, it's beautiful Just this last week given in to the idea of doing up another Glock 19 for a project, looking forward to it.

Comment

Massive apologies!!!! I removed the cylinder from my G18c today and there is a small difference!!!

Pictures:

NS2 Cylinder Top:

NS2 Cylinder Right:

NS2 Cylinder Left:

As can be seen the section ahead of the gas port is different, and the cylinder is fractionally thicker there - effectively it "hangs lower" - meaning that it makes a better seal with the gas router. I've fitted a new cylinder seal to my G18, and both cylinders fit over it the same, so the diameter is the same. The new cylinder is noticeably stiffer/free of play in the BBU, but that might have something to do with it being brand new, not 5000 rounds plus however many were put through it before I bought it.

The loading nub is also noticeably thicker, but still meshes with the hop rubber/inner barrel assembly.

BBHose - on the subject of the KM19 - i honestly have no idea I'm afraid!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dave38x East midlands based airsofter & member of Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team. I am the team armourer and do the majority of our tech-work, as well as tech work/one off manufacturing jobs for others. Find out more about dave38x
              Working...
              X