M1100 Shell Sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1100 Shell Sizes

Hi, know this a bit of a push, but does anyone have some Maruzen M1100 gas shotgun shells (the blue ones that hold many BBs) they can measure up for me please? Or any other shells of this type (I think Madbull did some).

I need to know (at least to 1/10th mm)
    - Overall length
    - Diameter of the main blue section
    - Diameter and length of the back metal section
    - Diameter of the thin metal flange
    - Depth of the recessed part of the front end (or height of the lip around the end)

I'm going through the rather lengthy process of scratch-building a GBB AA-12 shotgun and I need to know the exact dimensions of the shell to finalise the gas engine design. Just saves me from buying some at the moment!

It's one epic project and I'll be posting progress pics up one day :P

Thanks in advance,
    Adam

Re: M1100 Shell Sizes

Hi,
    I'm Glad that I am not the only one working on a full auto shell ejecting AA-12. I will send you dimensions soon as but i found that these shells probably wont be very suitable due to there external design. namely the eject lip at the back is massive and not indented making it useless for mag fed systems. I've elected to have a quantity of custom shells made using full metal exterior and a more orthodox ejection lip. also the front plastic end of the maurzen shells are prone to shattering so feeding out of a mag and then into a breach will probably prove very destructive for them. out of curiosity where do you plan to place the gas reservoir as i keep swapping between the stock and the magazine.

Comment

But if your bothering to make a shell ejecting aa12 then surely you need to make it use actual 12 gauge style rimmed shells? Rimfire rifles can be magazine fed too - you just have to develop a magazine that only permits rounds to be loaded in such a way that the rims dont catch... there is nothing "unorthodox" about a rimmed cartridge, it's just that more modern cartridges tend to be rimless.
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

any users know how to clear a jam in these shotguns as mine is and running out of ideas :/
        Picture as is :/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
        X