Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Inconsistent performance after SD slide upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsistent performance after SD slide upgrade.

Hi all,
    Ive had a KWA USP .45 for a while now and have never had any issues with it, its always fired accurately and consistently. I recently upgraded the slide to a SD aluminum and now im having a couple of issues which i think are related to how to gas is being utilised.

Here are the issues-
    1-The slide wont lock back very often if at all when a mag has finished.
    2-BB's are randomly firing or piling up in the barrel and falling out.

What i know/think i know-
    1-The mag follower which pushes the slide lock in place works but im getting the feeling the gas is not pushing the slide back far enough to lock.
    2-Ive upgraded all the springs (recoil & hammer) to 150% and then put the old ones back with no change in performance.
    3-Although i originally thought the issue was the gas nozzle which was sticking as I had tightened the rear sight screw too much its now working freely.

I have done the usual clean and re-lube with no improvement. Its also had enough rounds through it (or attempted) to wear the new slide in.

If anyone has any ideas as to why this new slide is causing the issues then any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Keith
    sigpic

The slide in my TM P226 doesn't lock back when I use my mags with high flow valves. Do you think that could be caused by too high gas flow- slides moving too fast for the slide to lock back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
    Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
    Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
    Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Re: Inconsistent performance after SD slide upgrade.

I hadn't thought of that but it feels like the slide is more sluggish than before. The valves i use on the mags are all standard with no mag upgrades.
      sigpic

Comment

I have the same issue on my USP with the enhanced recoil springs and metal slide and I know others who also have this same issue! Its a strange one! Sorry I can't give you a fix but I just thought I would let you know that it is a common issue.

Comment

Thanks Sydewynder, that actually made me feel strangely better. Hopefully someone who has a fix will read this and help us both.
          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sonicninja Find out more about sonicninja
          Working...
          X