Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loose RIS on GBBR M4

Hi guys.

Just recieved a Western Arms M4 GBBR with a real steel Larue ris on it, but unfortunately the RIS is a bit wobbly. Ive turned the screw bit at the end as far as it will go, but still too loose for my liking.

The rifle is lacking a gas block...if I were to buy one of these would it tighten up the ris?

Re: loose RIS on GBBR M4

When you say wobbly is it side to side and up and down wobbly? or forwards and back? You will probably find that the diameter of thread of the WA receiver and the rail is abit off making it loose. Best thing to do is find what is causing it to wobble and if the thread is worn or just that tiny bit to small put some PTFE tape around the thread and screw it back on, did the track on my WA 416
    Hate.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Cheers bud. Its actually from side to side/up and down, which makes me think its an issue to do with a lack of support?

Comment

If its free float I made a spacer for mine out of rubber (you cant see it when installed) and it works fine, if not your threads maybe slightly out, try a spacer first (just cut 1 from a bit of rubber and squeeze it on the barrel then install your ris) mine works perfect, just try it if not buy a gas block or get your local shop to take a look at it

All the best,
        Dave

Comment

Cheers for the help guys.

I actually manage to fix this in the end. Turns out one of the 2 pins that keeps it in place was not sticking all the way in as it was being blocked by a bit of metal...after sanding that down it now fits on tightly, and straight as well! Which it didnt before! lol.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
          Working...
          X