AGM m4 bolt stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGM m4 bolt stuck

The bolt carrier on my AGM m4 is stuck back in the gun. I would normaly be able to unscrew the buffer tube but this is a bodge job m4 and the buffer tube is epoxied right into the gun.. i know how retarded that is , no need to point it out.
    So the bolt is half in the tube and half in the receiver so i can't even lift the receiver off. Is this kind of jam common? What is actualy happening and how do i fix it?

I'll put pictures up later if needed.

Originally posted by tisane
    Never heard such a racket, its like taking a hi cap to a rave.

Re: AGM m4 bolt stuck

sounds like the bolt is stuck on the buffer retaining lock .

only thing i can think that may work is taking off the grip and unscrew the bolt holding the retaining block it may lossen and allow the bolt to pull forward.
    Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

Remove both receiver pins and try ease it out whilst pulling back on the charging handle and make sure the hammer is cocked and not fired other wise it will jam on that

@merlock, I thought the agm guns use the G&P type of buffer stopper that can only be accessed from the inside? Unless they use the real steel type of stopper can be accessed from the outside after removing the stock tube ( might be wrong though, I'm going by my WA 416 and my friends agm m4 which I had briefly)
      Hate.
      "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

Tried for a good hour trying to get the top and bottom apart. Yes the AGM's are based on WA (like G&P).

Comment

Try to lift the bolt up with a screw driver, any chance of a picture of the inside through the ejection port?
          Hate.
          "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Comment

I'll take one when i get home.

Comment

i just had a mess about and got mine to get jammed. and i pushed pins out like john mentioned but gave the bolt a tapping with mallet nd screw driver with receivers as far apart as they can get and it came loose
              Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

Wont be able to get any pictures till tomorrow but the nozzle is stuck as far forward as it will go but the bolt is half way back. I have pried it apart enough to push the buffer stopper down and no luck. I have tried a hammer and screwdriver and its not budging.

Comment

So the nozzle is actually sticking out of the bolt? Sure it isn't stuck on anything?

At the back of the buffer tube there should be a small hole try push the bolt forward using a long screw driver or something similar
                  Hate.

General George S.patton

Comment

From looking over the thread its either the nozzle blown itself out of the bolt and keeping the bolt pushed back, or it could be the bolt ridden over the hammer to the point that the bolt is now stuck behind the hammer, but that wouldn't explain the nozzle jammed out.

From my very limited knowledge of AGM M4s I'd put money on the 1st problem, so I'd start with doing everything possible to put the probably damaged nozzle back into the bolt, if it won't go back you may have to destroy it.

Comment

Yeah i tried putting the nozzle back in for ages. I guess busting the nozzle out and buying a new one might be my only option. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

You won't need to bust it, just pull it out and the spring will stretch then just buy a new spring
                        Hate.

General George S.patton

Comment

Any luck? Thinking of buying one of these AGM M4's, are they any good, apart from the jammed bolt?
                          Mark

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Thunderfury Find out more about Thunderfury
                          Working...
                          X