TN P226 mag jam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TN P226 mag jam

Pistol has been going strong stock for years, but finally a problem, mag is jammed..had no previous problems with the mag, when I hold the mag release and pull the mag out it can only come out 1-2cm. Help? The slide now doesn't lock back with the empty mag in as a result too

Edit: apologies for the silly title spelling mistake, TN should be TM*
    Last edited by fnc dan; 23 December, 2012, 21:09.

I had a friend who had this happen. It's a fairly common thing with sigs. I believe it's the gas release valve catching on the knocker, but don't quote me on that. Ill see if he remembers what it was for you

Comment

Re: TN P226 mag jam

Finally fixed it, there was half a bb lodged at the bottom of the mag that was jammed half in/half out of the mag and wall of the grip..how the hell did that get there? Thank you for the help though!

Comment

Re: TN P226 mag jam

This happens when a miss-aligned BB pops out of the mag when feeding. It jumps out where the mag widens, and lodges inbetween the mag and inside the trigger guard. It can be a real pain to fix, but removing the slide and feed mag lips helps, and you can remove the mag baseplate to release the spring. From there you can shake the BB back in. To stop it happening again, make sure the BBs are stacked correctly up the mag. Had it happen a few times in my E2, but never when the BBs have been aligned right.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fnc dan Called fnc dan because years ago at the same time as joining this forum, I bought a Star fnc and in the months it took to ship from hong kong I was in love with the model..but the realised it was crap and sold it. Biggest nightmare of a gun I'd owned. I hate you, Star. Find out more about fnc dan
        Working...
        X