X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little gas help :P

Hi Guys

Wonder if anyone can shed some light on a problem i have

Wa based with King Arms VLtor body Has Inokatsu Super bolt with ino nozzle. ( but problem is the same with gp bolt and agm bolt) and prowin mags.

What govens how many shot can be fired as my problem is i fill mags and i get 10-19 shots .
    ive changed the hammer spring to a prowin but it wasnt strong enough so i bent it a little so it was able to release the gas on pulling trigger. would or could this effect me only being able to get a small amount of shots from the mags.

Or could i just not be getting enough gas in the mags as i know they have odd fill valves.

also since using the prowin mags it smashes alot of bb's which i read some people get so is there any solution to that aswell.

Also the mags are loose in the receiver so is it ok to place a smal bit of tape around them like i do with my AEG so they have little wobble.

Thanks
    Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Re: Little gas help :P

Wobbly mags - a little tape is fine, but only apply it where it is needed to ensure the still sits where it should. (i.e dont just wrap it round, you have a better effect by layering up one or mor of the sides of the mags)

Amount of shots per mag - Lets say for sake of argument from the factory your mag would hold 50 useable shots worth of gas with "brand x" gas in the middle of summer.
    In the middle of winter you might only get 30 useable shots out of it. The gas is stored as liquid. As it releases into the air it expands and gets cold (rapid fire cool down???)
    When it is warmer, it expands more and at a faster rate so you get more shots with more power.

"Brand y" gas my expand at a different rate to "brand x" under the same conditions (better or worse)

So far, your variables are type of gas, temperature and position of magazine.

The amount of gas per shot is metered out by the valve. High flow valves either have bigger holes or stay open for longer meaning more gas per second can escape, giving you a bigger bang.

Increased hammer springs mean the hammer hits the valve harder, opening it for longer.

High flow valves with increased hammer springs will open a bigger hole for longer, making that 1 shot more powerful, but using more gas to do it. This means there is less in the magazine than that of a standard gun. You could get lots of weak shots, or fewer hard shots and this is the trade off where you need to test and adjust to what suits you.

Of course, if you are not filling the mags to capacity in the first place... there is no hope of second guessing how the valves and hammer springs are affecting your shot count.

Comment

Thx for reply loki

problem im having is it was getting an easy full mag of 50 shots but since i started using prowin mags and i changed hammer spring / hammer im having these problems and prowin mags are ment to be one of the best so trying to narrow it down or praying im not one of the unlucky people who prowin mags dont work well for :P

i think ill have to track down a few diffrent hammer springs and put the standard trigger /hammer back in and work from there to see what results i get.

and i guess the play in the mag well is causing the bolt to split the bb's every so often . im sure ill get there gas is new to me so ill learn while fiddling :P
      Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

The wobbly mag will create a poor air seal between the mag and the bolt allowing gas to be wasted on nothing. My pro win mag never properly worked for me, All ways sluggish compared to my G&P Pmags
        Hate.
        "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

if you are using .2 BBs, i found my HK416 split those, i now use .28 and they seem not to break. as for the gas problem im not sure i bought a WE PDW closed bolt it did that (6 shots on a CO2 and 8 on a gas mag) as my HK416 is open bolt i converted the PDW to open bolt and it solved this issue anyway, but that is all new internals and now i get 2 mags of BBs to 1 gas fill.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mirlock Find out more about mirlock
          Working...
          X