Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE SCAR Trigger problem

Hi Guys, heres one for you.

Ok I bought this SCAR off a guy on here last week. Pretty much as new and had only had 1 or 2 mags through it to test. Gun was as described by the guy so no problem with the sale of it.

Now I got it home and test fired it. Everything fine.

Decided to follow the instruction book and field strip it, which was a little more difficult as the book missed a vital photo and a slight inaccuracy in the instructions. But, a quick peep at youtube and I found a stripdown Vid and completed the stripdown.

I then cleaned and relubed the parts and reassembled the gun. Everything assembled without a problem.

I reloaded the mag and fired off a couple of mahs on single and full auto and everything seemed fine.

I then loaded a masg the following day and fired of a few shots on single at a target to start zeroing in my scope. This was when i noticd the trigger problem.

Basically the trigger on full auto works perfectly, I fire a three round burst and the trigger returns to its starting position and I can keep doing that till the mag empties.

But, on semi auto what happens is that the trigger will now fire one shot, and it then sticks on return. I have to nudge it forward a touch to help it to its full travel. It feels as if there is something slightly catching, stopping the trigger returning to its normal start postition.

This seems to be a problem that has "developed" as opposed to already being there when I got the gun. Any ideas what it might be and any fixes? Is there any stripdown tutorials of the lower receiver around that anyone knows of?
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Re: WE SCAR Trigger problem

Nobody any idea what this might be?
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I couldnt tell you what the problem is, but it happened to mine. Next thing that happened was the gun jammed on full auto, then the trigger sheared off. Id get this seen to before it becomes a full blown problem. On my gun it seemed to be a manufacturing problem, which just sprung out from nowhere.

Comment

I had a problem with my scar the dreaded part 64 broke i contacted WE n they sent me a new part within 10 days. It would be worth contacting them.
        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jfox61 Little fat ex soldier bloke who needs to get fit again so pretending to be a soldier again Find out more about jfox61
        Working...
        X