Ra Tech upgrades for WE GBBRs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ra Tech upgrades for WE GBBRs

So, I think i'll add the npas, ra tech trigger box and triall a Co2 mag and that should give me nice workable setup.
    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Im currently running a WE m16 GBBR. i have a gas mag and a co2 mag for it and have modded the fire selector to disengage full auto (DMR use)

I have not modified anything in it (in terms of upgrading to RA-tech parts), and i don't plan do do anything until something breaks.

I haven't even fitted npas yet as i have been getting 375 on co2 and 345 on propane.

with any luck this can be used as an accurate test to what co2 will do to a WE rifle with no upgrades.
      For Sale!
      TM M870 with a load of stuff
      A&K massada sniper spec
      Chronograph
      leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Is there anywhere that lists the upgrade parts for th we m14 ebr?

Comment

1st update for my m16, blew the front end of the nozzle apart today.
          before christmas every chrono reading was below 380 with .2's
          this morning, i got 435 fps on a .25.
          now, there was also a bit of debris in the barrel/bolt area due to smashed bb residue (cheers mad bull), so this was probably a factor also, but i have never had an fps reading anywhere near that high form Co2 before. (486fps on .2 for reference)

so, ill be looking into a nice shiny new RA tech bolt on payday, ill update with how that goes!
          For Sale!
          TM M870 with a load of stuff
          A&K massada sniper spec
          Chronograph
          leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Check it out on YouTube if its the aluminium bolt your thinking of going for

There is supposed to be a V1 and V2 version on the market, if you get a V1 you will need to modify it very slightly to get anywhere near consistent FPS.
            And there's no way of telling V1 from V2 until you either strip it or fire it

Comment

May a bit late, but don't waste your money on the current RA Tech steel bolt. Although they have addressed a lot of the problems with their "first version" steel bolt the new one's not much better than the latest stock WE item.

I got two to "upgrade" a couple of my M4's and found after only 4 or 5 five mags both bolt's started to split and bend in on the front edge where the bolt hold open catch holds them back. This results in the bolt rubbing on the hold open catch and causing a lot of drag.
              When I "tested" one of them with a file (in an inconspicuous place) I found the metal to be very soft. Another dozen mags and I reckon the front edge will break off and they'll be useless.

Interestingly, close inspection of the bolts show an attempt at hardening them around the split area. I reckon RA Tech know they're not too good and have tried to "improve them".

Pretty pissed really, for the money I paid I could have bought 4 replacement WE complete bolt units, or two open bolt conversion kits, had change and a lot of bits to sell on.

Out of interest, they seem to be out of stock everywhere at the moment with an expected arrival date of mid July (many retailers advertised them as in stock, but weren't when I ordered).

I wonder if we'll see a version 3 made out of 'real' steel?
              Don't tell the wife...

Comment

I know this is a minor necro post and I'm sorry, I just didn't want to start a new topic when this is so relevant.

Will the Ra-Tech steel bolt for the WE L85 solve the issue where the the bolt carrier deforms over time from the recoil?
                Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

In short yes.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                    In short yes.
                    In short?
                    So I'm guessing that it'd cause problems elsewhere, right?
                    Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                    Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Just the usual gas consumption issues, but if the weather holds up you shouldn't have much issue with that either.

Comment

Well to be honest it's more of a fun gun for warmer weather rather than something I'll seriously use all the time.
                        If I feel like using it come winter or colder weather I'll grab some CO2 mags for it.

Oh and thanks for uploading those youtube vids about the WE L85 issues too

Comment

Not my finest work though

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                            See now Co2 I think is better than Propane as a fuel source....but.....the trigger mech will fail eventually on even green, Co2 will just speed up that process.
                            Once you crack the seal on that bulb its a case of use it or loose it, because it will leak out eventually, great for a days skirmish, not so good if they are in storage.

If I personally went with Co2 I would have to have a single gas mag anyway for those tinkering and plinking moments, and fully upgrade all trigger components to steel items.
                            I've just got some Co2 mags for my new WE M4. I live in a 2 bedroom flat so no garden to test fire whereas when I used to live with mummy and daddy I had a nice long garden for hop checking and testing etc (neighbors all knew I was a gun nut and never blinked an eye if I was testing a RIF in the back garden so all good there).

I was there on Sunday afternoon testing out a co2 mag and was very impressed with the power output and performance etc. Chrono reading was 450-460 fps as I had not yet adjusted the freshly installed NPAS. I stripped the rifle down last night at home and adjusted the NPAS to a lower setting and chrono'd indoors with the same co2 mag to find it had leaked all the co2 out. I fired no more than 10-15 shots at the weekend so I knew I hadn't expelled all the gas from that one session. I fitted a fresh bulb and found the fps was down to a nice 300 fps so room to go back up a tad.

My question is from your knowledge and experience is this issue simply a by product of co2 mags? Or would it be worth stripping them down and giving them a bit of TLC and lube on the seals. I was hoping this wouldn't be the case as they are brand new and never had an issue with brand new WE gas mags before.

I did do a bit of googling but this thread eventually popped up so thought I would ask the question
                            Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's gotta have one.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Devlin Find out more about Devlin
                            Working...
                            X