KJW P229 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KJW P229 Problem

Cheers for the info, guess I will take a look at the slide again to see whats up, nothing seems damaged or out of place. I need to order some more gas anyway so will order some Aimtop gas to see if this makes any difference.

Noticed two of my KJW spare mags have started leaking fro the base now too.....typical :-(

Does anyone know if TM mags will fit the KJW P229? (heard these supposed to be better quality)

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
      so bought some aim top power gas to replace the green gas I was using (can't remember which make) and the problem went away.

I don't know if the problem was a bad batch of gas, or there not being enough pressure for a full metal gun in the cold, but the new gas made it act like a new gun. Even in the weather we've got now I can empty half a mag and in the summer it empties more than a full mag on one fill and can throw a 0.25 out to about 50m (measured on the GZW range) with the only mod being a reaps hop rubber.
      Funnily enough I've just bought some aimtop gas so I'll see how i get on with it.

I know TM P226 mags fit KJW P226s but I dunno about the KJW P229.
      Upcoming Games:
      None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
      Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Once my gas has arrived, I will post the results.

Ordered a TM P226 mag yesterday to see how I get on, if it doesn't fit then there will be one for sale on here quite soon! :-)

Comment

The KJW 226 mags fit the 229, so in theory that should be OK. Obviously it will stick out of the pistol grip a bit more than a 229 one.

If you need new parts for a KJW, they sell them direct. Email [email protected]/tw I've always dealt with Diana Huang who's really helpful. They sold me a bag of those mag base o-rings for $5 after I dried mine out by storing the mags empty
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew March View Post
            It's called cold weather, KJ and WE mags all do it, have you tried warming them up a bit by keeping them in your pocket or tried emptying a mag indoors at a nice toasty room temp?
            Agree with that bar the WE mags, mine worked in -4 where as my TM ones failed on me, go figure.
            IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Interesting that, mine was the other way round, my KJ and WE's spat gas everywhere but my TM's worked a charm.

Comment

Ok Folks, so I have been reading up a few things online whilst i wait for my TM P226 mag to turn up and decided to do the following:

- Ordered Aim top gas and bought some ultrair gas too from my local airsoft supplier. (to see how the guns peforms using between the two)
                - Decided to follow what this chap did with his leaky KJW mags on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQz1kTTyjok
                - Followed the section of the guide in the URL called "How To Improve Gas Efficiency" URL: http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums...2532.msg646593

The result is (baring in mind I am only trying this with ultrair gas at the moment):
                1) All mags have stopped leaking (took a couple of attempts using PTFE tape).
                2) The gun rocks! noticably kicks more and shoots alot more shots than the mag stores BB's.

In summary, from full gased up mags using ultrair, the gun cycles fine now with no issues, whether this is down to what i did to the slide (mentioned in a previous post above) or the points just above I dont know, but I am just glad its working! and better than before!

I have a game this weekend so I will see how it goes.

Thanks again for all the comments and advice, not sure how I have solved it specifically, but glad its working! :-)

Comment

I'm sure you were low on gas.

It seems funny how your getting amazing results with a new can of gas

Comment

Nah, def not that as I had the problem start a month or two ago and had plenty of gas then (two cans in fact). Just took me this month to getting round to looking at it.

Comment

Well, I used my P229 on Sunday with a new can of Aim top gas, and new can of Ultrair gas and guess what.... The same result, still dumping gas out of the barrel. Seems to be random, can be the 1st shot, 5th shot or 10th! (with all 3 mags too) I even warmed my mags up beforhand!

To rule out cold weather I gased up all 3 mags on Monday and kep them at room temperature (so nice and warm). Still the same result.

I have decided to give up and sell it along with the KJW 3 mags, so if anyone is interested or knows anyone who might be, drop me a PM.

Cheers

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KBoy76 Find out more about KBoy76
                      Working...
                      X