WE M14 dmr theory on power blowblack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE M14 dmr theory on power blowblack

I wanted to increase power on my we m14 but not the blowback, as longevity would be an issue on this gun. for power a high flow bulb
    that i'll custom port an smooth, and reducing the size of the bulb buffers should give 500-550 fps

info on bulb buffers an power here, http://www.gasguns.info/forum/viewto...2766&start=200

If the gas at the begining of the action is partly being routed through the bulb into the barrel,
    then the remaning is going into the blowback chamber pushing the piston (bolt) back, until the bulb spring gets compressed
    closing of the flow to the barrel, increasing the flow pressure to blowback completing the piston (bolt) action....correct????

So my theory is:

So if you stiffen the bulb spring, lengthening the time it takes to get compressed (closing of the flow to the barrel)
    the piston (bolt) will be further along its action, when the bulb spring gets compressed (increasing the flow pressure to the blowback)
    meaning the piston (bolt) will have to move less distance at full pressure, decreasing its force..

As for gas consumption, instead of the waste gas going to the blowblack it will go through the barrel, so difference should only be related
    to the speed of the piston (bolt) being a little slower at re-setting the firing pin....correct????

Thanks for looking, please feel free to correct or add info

About the Author

Collapse

RoKnRoLLeR Easy going, up for a laugh Find out more about RoKnRoLLeR
Working...
X